Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mathias

Transmission values

Hi,How can i read:(A:ENGx TRANSMISSION PRESSURE, ?) (A:ENGx TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE, ?)Something in the airfile?Jan

Guest Mathias

If I am not completely mistaken these transmission values only work in the Bell 206B turbine helicopter airfile and customized ones based on that air file.It would be logical on any kind of engine that uses a lubricated transmission system such as any given turboprop but this is not so in FS9.

Thanks,Which section of the airfile?Couldn't trace it.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Mathias

Sorry Jan, I haven't tinkered with the Bell's airfile yet so I don't have a clue where these values my be hidden. It may well have nothing to do with the air file, or it may be hidden in one of the many unknown areas of the FS helo air file.

I also got stucked right here. The idea was to use these two to at least fake the indications of an instrument that is part of a Saab 340 panel I work on at the moment. It is the prop oil pressure/temperature gauge with values close to the ones in the Jet ranger heli. Nothing is happening because of the already mentioned problem - no entry in the air file to get a value.So for the first time ever I went to open the heli air file and almost fell of mychair - almost nothing there, well at least not visible. Any suggestion of how to make this combination work is much appreciated ;)

In the meantime I've found a resonable workaround for my problem. So whatwere You guys pointing at with the transmission press and temp's?I presume Matthias also tried something similar that I was hoping to solvewith, what about the others?