Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Question for the Gauge Designers/Developers

Guest PMCausey

Has anyone created a "copy" of one of the "low-end" EFIS gauges such as those sold by Dynon, Blue Mountain Avioncs, or Grand Rapids Technologies?I've searched Avsim and that other place, and have found nothing.Thanks in advance for your replies.Philip Causey

Not yet, as far as I know.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest PMCausey

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. :-grr Looks like this will be a learning experience for me.Philip Causey

Phillip,A little teaser. Actually I started one.. Sitting on the back burner for now. Whats done:Menu system, 41 different menu items.. 99% complete over original. Backup BatteryGyroHeadingLow voltage, Power, Shut Off, High roll rate warnings.Warm-up sequenceA .INI setup for any preferences upon loading .. International, time display, ft/meters, backup battery or not, back-up batt level, bus tie etc.....What's not done :Airspeed Tape ( multicolor) - Tough one because it has to configurable to any aircraft. IE a Sonerai I is not the same as a KR-2, Seawind, RV- anything etc..AltitudeTurn RateAirspeed, ALT., & HDG BugsLittle odds and ends, alignment, compatibility etc.. Last time I worked on it I ran into a major compatibility issue dealing with s and Vectors not behaving at different screen resolutions. Hope to get that figured out.There's couple things on the plate as of now, but I hope to finish it..When is the big ????? Regards,Romanhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118721.jpg

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest PMCausey

Check that - may be a large learning experience.:-) How much code (# of lines is involved) and did you use XML or C.Once again, I may be biting off just a bit more than I can chew.Philip Causey

Phillip,It's written in .XML , 463 lines of code so far. Uses the function extensively, without a function the lines of code would have probably tripled.Another thing not completed are the left and right INFO blocks. Lots of work ahead. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap