Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Aircraft Container File Hierarchy

Guest Matthew Murray

Hey Guys/Gals, I have a query about the Aircraft Container File Hierarchy. What I have is a numerous Aircraft Folders, each with a differing Aircraft.cfg, AirFile.air but using the same Model.MDL.e.g.Aircraft > Aircraft A > Aircraft B > Aircraft CNow, all these aircraft use the same model as I mentioned. I had the idea though, that for ease of updating, and to reduce Disk Usage that I would use a seperate folder, that would contain the Model/Panel/Sound CFG/Files.With that in mind, I read the Aircraft Container SDK, and setup aliasing.Aircraft > Aircraft Model [ normal=Aircraft ] > Aircraft A Model [alias=Aircraft/Model/] > Aircraft B Model [alias=Aircraft/Model/] > Aircraft C Model [alias=Aircraft/Model/]As per the Aircraft Container SDK, but it doesn't work?Any advice, or am I doing something blatantly wrong. I really want this to work for the aforemention reason; ease of updating, file-size.Thanks in advance,Matthew Murray

Could you provide a more detailed listing of how you aliased your files?W. Sieffert

Guest Matthew Murray

Aircraft-->Boeing 737-300 (3c1)--->Model.CFM------>Model.NOVC---------->Model.CFG----------->{models}----------->alias=Model/Model.CFM/Model.NOVC-->IA--->Model.CFM------>Model.NOVC------->Model.CFG-------->{models}-------->normal=IA-B737-300-V1-2005------->IA-B737-300-V1-2005.MDLIf that is any help?Thanks again,Matthew Murray

Thew! I think I am more confused now!!! LOL!!!See if the following makes any sense:Aircraft.cfg file for default Boeing 737-400 modified:[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 737-400sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=[fltsim.1]title=Boeing 737-400 Paint1sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=1[fltsim.2]title=Boeing 737-400 Paint2sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=2The fltsim.0 uses the default, fltsim.1 uses the default but a different set of textures, flitsim.2 uses the default but another set of textures.A similiar arrangement could be accomplished with models. For example:[fltsim.3]title=Boeing 737-400 CFMsim=Boeing737-400model=CFMpanel=sound=texture=CFMWhen you select this aircraft for flight, it expects to find the model in a model subfolder labelled Model.CFM. It also expects to find the textures in a subfolder labelled Texture.CFM. Under the Flight SimulatorAircraftb737_400 subfolder, you find the following subfolders and files:modelmodel.CFMpanelsoundtexturetexture.1texture.2texture.CFMaircraft.cfgBoeing737-400.airboeing737-400_check.htmboeing737-400_ref.htmYou now have two model subfolders. Each model subfolder will contain an *.MDL and *.CFG file. It is also possible that the model subfolder would contain a second *.MDL file for the crash condition. However, MS has not provided any crashed models.An example of the model.CFM folder:B737_400NOVC.mdlmodel.cfgAn example of the model.cfg file:[models]normal=B737_400NOVCYou seem to want to alias this process to other folders. I haven't tried, but it should work if you are careful with your pointers. I noticed in your above explanation:alias=Model/Model.CFM/Model.NOVCI would recommend reversing the slashes, for starters:alias=ModelModel.CFMModel.NOVCI how this helps, since I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish.W. Sieffert