Sign in to follow this  
Guest willg

Cabin/Window View

Guest willg

hey, would it be possible for someone to make me a view id like. What I had in mind, is an actual picture from a window seat, but facing more forwards than sideways, so I can get the inflight effect, but see down out the window too.All you need to do is find a picture like that on airliners.net or take one yourself (i.e if you work with planes or something just sneak into 1 and take a quick shot, make sure it fits in fs, and then change the window to black so i can view out of it in fs thanks in advance.p.s please make sure it is a real photo, not just designed through FS or something, as a real photo would really make it look Uber-Cool :(

What your asking for is called a "static" view--static in the sense you won't see flaps or alierons move if you look at the wing, or when you pan your view, the bitmaps stays in the same place. Dynamic wing views are built into aircraft models--some have them, others don't. Only the owner of the source of the model in question can add them for you. Erick Cantu's MD-8/9x series is an outstanding example of dynamic wing views that are virtually photoreal.Having said that, this forum is a developer to developer forum--it really isn't a forum where you should ask such a thing since it is harder than it sounds if one wants the result to look good. Essentially you're asking someone to spend a few hours of their time to set this up for you. Outside of the projects we work on for our own gratification, the average member in these forums is around my age--mid 40's--and we lead busy lives.So such requests really aren't what this forum is for--this forum is where we trade tips on aircraft development. My very first post in this forum was exactly like yours--a request for an aircraft or panel, as I recall. I was challenged by the others here to learn and do it myself. My first project didn't look pretty, but I learned from there and have contributed several aircraft to our library here alone and working with others over the past couple of years.What you want requires a few skills which you can easily learn:-Getting the picture from airliners.net-Cutting the transparent (black) area from the view--you can use Microsoft Paint for it.-Creating views for the seven points of the compass outside of the cockpit so your views are complete. However, even left and right forward views would probably work for what you want--just do a horiz. flip on the image to get the view for the otherside.-Editing a panel.cfg in a text editor to include the new views.It's hard work in the beginning, but much classier and more fulfilling in the long run than asking someone to do it for you.-John

Guest willg

Right i understand John, keep in mind i am 15 and have a lot learn in panel develepmont etc.Thanks for the advice about creating panels. I should be able to get a picture easy enough, i just need to learn how to create the transparant bit, (where i can see outside) so could you at least help me with that?p.s, what size does the image have to be? and how do i get the window smooth along the edges?

To make the "outside view" transparent, simply "paint" the area of the window with pure black (0,0,0) color.The bitmap is normally 1024x960 in size, but could also be 640x480.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You can either work with 1024x768 or 800x600 to start--1024x768 will give a better result. I smooth the window edges by importing into a paint program and running a blur tool along the edge. I do just a little at a time, but it's usually pretty effective.As for getting the transparent bit, if you open up MSPaint you'll see the freeform selection tool I circled in the attached jpg example. You can use this tool to draw an outline around the area you want to be transparent. Once you've done that, you simply choose the "Cut" option in MSPaint, then fill the newly created "hole" for the window with pure black (RGB 0,0,0).I don't try to cut the entire window out at once--I usually zoom the bitmap, and cut out small portions around the edge of the window then cut the center when I am done.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/118263.jpg

Guest willg

im havin problems finding an image, does any1 know where i could find simply a pic of the seat from behind a bit of the window.

>im havin problems finding an image, does any1 know where i>could find simply a pic of the seat from behind a bit of the>window.http://www.airliners.net/advsearch/Choose "Aircraft Window View" from the "Category: Special Selections" search box! Set the box at the bottom labeled "Stop Searching After XXX hits" to 10,000. Click on "Show me the photos!"Displaying photos 1 to 15 from a total of 7,562 matching your criteria ordered by... ;)Here's a "tip" from my 57 years of experience:Either take a Library Science class (if one is offered) or spend some time getting to know your school's Librarian. Learn how to conduct research quickly and easily.Trust me, it will pay off handsomely when it's time to write an original research paper or an essay! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest willg

Right thanks for the advice but ive tried that, ive tried the category wing views and cabins, the problem (god how many threads have i slipped the word problem into-methinks i will look in the thesaurus soon)is that i either get an aircraft cabin, or a view out the window. i need some middle ground where i can see a fair bit of the seat in front of me, but also out the window, also it doesnt matter about the wing.ive got a few images which werent exactly what i had in mind but i think they work fine. ive got them the right sizes so cud some1 kindly black out the windows for me plz as im havin trouble with that, thanks.

Guest willg

actually there all way 2 small, forget this guys sorry i bothered u.