Sign in to follow this  
Guest blazer1234

Tower Simulator

Guest bjablonka

It says on the front page of Avsim that Tower Simulator has been released, but on Wilco's website the release date is still unknown. Does anyone know if this program can be downloaded now?Thanks

Yes, I noticed that as well.The front page should be changed to indicate the *News Release* was released and not the actual product.The screen shots on the Feel There site says the product is still under development, and the no release date on the downloads indicates it's still baking in the oven... probably going to be awhile before it's released.Bruce

Guest bjablonka

When you go on the towersimulator website it looks like you can order the boxed version now, but when you click on it then "E-Jets Series 170/190" comes up as a product. I guess it is too early to place an order.I am looking for a detailed moving map which I can use on a second monitor. Does anyone have any ideas, I would very much appreciate it.

There was a "another moving Map" released a few months ago but I continue to use exactly the same version of FSManagerMovingMap that I downloaded several years ago (for FS9) that works perfectly well for FSX with the downloadable sector and TAC charts for the entire US airspace. I also run it on monitor 2 and rarely fly without it; rivers, roads, mountains and valleys across the West is where I'm usually found. It cannot be run IN the FSX kneeboard like it could with FS9 but that method was always too small a presentation anyway for my viewing comfort.Loyd

Guest United

Yes it has, within 8 weeks of it's "announcement" to boot. Now we'll see if it's worth some 56.00 Euros ($75.00 US ?). I'm downloading as we speak at a whooping 45.8 kb/sec (thanks Wilcopub for the blazing speed........actually nobody is doing all that well in the software download department among even the best companies). I know this is not a direct FSX product, but since this thread was started last month, this forum seemed fair game. I've one hour 17 minutes left and will report back on d/l success, installation and a little play time hopefully. Let's see if this ATC simulator is a winner, a loser or somewhere inbetween! Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest bjablonka

I just finished download it, too. I only played it about 15 minutes, but I find the graphics absolutely dismal and that at the highest setting. Very blurry and the aircraft look like FS9 or worse. I am sure it is not the game's fault, I must be doing something wrong because I can not imagine that someone would release a $70 game with these kind of graphics. I'll let you know.

Guest United

Thank you for popping in scoob, I thought the feelthere forum was where this product was supposed to reside, I was wrong! I shall register and await my download to complete.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest bjablonka

Scoob,Would the same settings I have for all my games (sharp, not blurries)not also mean that these settings produce the same sharp graphics in Towersim? I don't see why all my games are crystal clear, only Towersim is not?ThanksBernd

Look at the screenshots on the website. They are very poor quality, and I lost interest in the product immediately. I can't see why anyone would advertise a new product with such bad screenshot quality unless it reflected the actual quality present in the game.If its not an accurate representation of the game then somebody please upload some high quality screenies!

Matthew S

>Would the same settings I have for all my games (sharp, not>blurries)not also mean that these settings produce the same>sharp graphics in Towersim? I don't see why all my games are>crystal clear, only Towersim is not?Bernd:my experience is no two systems react the same; and video games look different across systems. because of this i cannot provide a 'cookie cutter' answer.i still suggest you adjust your settings.you can also post a screenshot in the Tower support forum along with a screen shot of your video card's control panel settings. with these posted in the Tower forum the technical guys and me (i'm not a programmer) can continue this conversation.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest bjablonka

Matthew, I understand what you are saying, but I have seen it many times that screen shots do not match actual in game graphics quality, which are normally better. So I thought this would be the case here too.Scoob, I am sure many people are looking at your product and might be concerned about the graphics. Would it be possible for you to upload some real in-game pictures which are different from what you show on your website or is there no difference in quality. I visited your website again and the graphics I am getting match what you show there which I doubted are the "real" graphics, otherwise I would probably not have bought the game. I hope you can clarify this.ThanksBernd

Guest United

I am using an Intel DuoCOr E6400 with Nvidia 8800 GTS and 4 Gigs Ram on an ASUS Deluxe Mobo (without the use of NHancer)and more importantly with a TripleHead2Go on three 19" LCDs ( I could never go back to single screen flying, ever!). I get very good FPS with FSX SP2, including nice VCs but certainly not with all sliders right.DO NOT expect FSX or even FS9 quality visuals with T.S. In my opinion, T.S. is basically (like other ATC simulators before it) a radar look down experience as it probably should be. The ability to look out of the tower at your airfield is really eye-candy and limited at that. Having said that, it's fun to have, so I am not complaining, just observing. I have a feeling, the more intense the traffic control, the less anyone is going to use the outside visuals anyway, you just won't have the time and likely it will get visually uninteresting. After all, there really is no way to control aircraft on the ground or in the air or play the simulation game looking out from the tower, it's not possible. I will say however, I like the ambiance of having the visuals and sound even if I eventually ignore them and concentrate on the radar look-downs. The sound effects are OK in general, but not great so far. THe voice transmissions are a little slow and mechanical, but that's OK with me, at least I can clearly understand most of them. I DONT need realistic voice patterns and speed, I could never handle anything like that anyway. The little aircraft are not high quality, but there is some limited editor ability to update the models and paint jobs if anyone cares too. Same with the schedules, but not the airport content of the simulation. Same with the airport traffic on the tarmac, and around KORD, the little cars and trucks on the roadways. All kinda blocky and dorky really, again, who cares, won't even pay attention after a short while. In general, the airport visuals are nice but not spectacular. Again, who cares.What about game play? I'm not sure yet. I'm still fiddling with visuals, but the game does come with what looks like an extensive manual and guide to get started. Somebody spent a lot of time on that and it's well appreciated on this end!So far, is it worth $70.00+ US? Weeelllllll.........I'll say this, T.S. is the first of it's kind and the forum for T.S. is very active and the developers seem very committed to updating with their first SP after they rein in a few bugs here and there and closely listening and responding quickly to inquires and possible bug concerns. So far, there's nothing major in bugs by the way. So, yes, I'll say that the $70.00 is worth it so far, if just because the A.I. of T.S. is probably a monster and I'll grant any developer of a really new tilt on an important but seldom approached flight sim product a pass on price as long as they are closely supporting and helping their new customer base, and by the looks of it, they are doing a great job of that. Not to mention, T.S. is the only product ever to even try ground control in their simulation and we all know who much most of us loathe the limited abilites in FS9 and FSX with ATC, ground and otherwise.By the way, I did not like that other ATC product out there, if that matters. I hated the way it scheduled aircraft or I never learned well how to apporach that part. Let's just say, it never really tickled my fancy. Will T.S. do a better job? We'll see! I need to spend a lot of time getting into the sim itself now and ignore the graphics, the importance of which for me will fade if the simulation otherwise fails to keep my attention. That's all for now!Randy Jura, KPDX

>Scoob, ... Would it be possible for you to upload some >real in-game pictures which are different from what >you show on your websiteBernd:my computer is OLD. my video card is four years out of date. my rig represents the 'near minimum able to run the sim' (see sig). my graphics don't match the quality of any screenshot one sees as published by microsoft for FS9 or FSX, or for any FS addon, or Tower.i suggest you ask this question on the Tower forum, and in the screenshot forum (home link to both: http://forum.iemit.com).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>... but the game does come with what looks like an>extensive manual and guide to get started. Somebody spent a>lot of time on that and it's well appreciated on this end!thanks for this kind statement Randy ... Chip and me spent over 1/2-a-year putting the manual together. even so i've already seen from posts where we need to improve instruction! constructive (and civil) feedback is always appreciated!--