Sign in to follow this  
Guest blazer1234

Tower Simulator

Guest United

Probably such as, the "Getting Started" section has different aircraft mentioned that will arrive than actually do at TNCM at 1PM. It's not a big deal really. The sim. is a huge sandbox of aircraft behavior that really needs to be studied and observed by the user to see what the programmers intended, so I wouldn't stress a lot about it.Randy Jura, KPDX

Randy, thank you for your report. Very interesting and pls return to it here. I'm not sure if I want to lay out my $70 for this game, a flightsim game yet. Now your report sounds rather neutral in judgements, but interested, which is good. What I'm really interested in: is there a soul, addiction in this game? That's all that matters to me. I don't expect any fast answers. :)

I really don't understand the desire to buy this product. Why not do it the right way. Download VRC with Tower View, sign up as a controller on Vatsim at your favorite airport and learn the proper procedures , phraseology, etc.(many times from a RW controller). Then control real pilots with voice comm. All of this for free.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

>>So far, is it worth $70.00+ US? Weeelllllll.........I'll say>this, T.S. is the first of it's kind and the forum for T.S. is>it never really tickled my fancy. Will T.S. do a better job?>We'll see! >Randy,TS is NOT the first of it's kind. I owned and used BAO Tower back in the late 90's and it was a very good simulator with great graphics forthe day.http://www.aviatorwebsite.com/leisure/simu...views/tower.phpRegards,Craig

Craig, right on. While I was waiting for TS to be released, I dusted off my copy of Tower.However, this time; I d/l Dave Langes Listener2. Oh man what a blast. I have jsut about 100% speech recog in BAO Tower...try it if not doing it already. Really makes BAO Tower a lot of fun.Hopefully, Dave will create a file for T.S. as well.My biggest disappointment thus far....had the same prob in BAO Tower as well. The unrealistic behaviour of some of the planes.I've benn working TNCM jsut to get comfortable. I flew in/out of there in 85 with Twotter and Saab 340. We never had to go to the end of the runway on landing. Usually jsut a short 180 and backtaxi to terminal. ATC didn't like too much when they had to make the heavies do a go-around. :-)In T.S. for example, When a Liat Dash 8 lands, it is almost stopped around the F taxiway area. But, for some reason...it crawls to the very end of the runway...then crawls back to the terminal area. causes several unecessary go-arounds. Not realistic at all.Found a cool vid on youtube called dash 8 landing st. maarten. It's from the cockpit view. Very realistic view of turb prop ops in SXM, at least as I remeber them. man, I hope Vic and company will look into this. I feel T.S. has some famtastic potential to be a blast, especially if Dave makes a file for the program to have SR.My hat's off to Vic and company, for the great support they are giving for this product.Best,David B

>Craig, right on. While I was waiting for TS to be released, I>dusted off my copy of Tower.>>However, this time; I d/l Dave Langes Listener2. Oh man what a>blast. I have jsut about 100% speech recog in BAO Tower...try>it if not doing it already. Really makes BAO Tower a lot of>fun.>>Hopefully, Dave will create a file for T.S. as well.>>My biggest disappointment thus far....had the same prob in BAO>Tower as well. The unrealistic behaviour of some of the>planes.>>I've benn working TNCM jsut to get comfortable. I flew in/out>of there in 85 with Twotter and Saab 340. We never had to go>to the end of the runway on landing. Usually jsut a short 180>and backtaxi to terminal. ATC didn't like too much when they>had to make the heavies do a go-around. :-)>>In T.S. for example, When a Liat Dash 8 lands, it is almost>stopped around the F taxiway area. But, for some reason...it>crawls to the very end of the runway...then crawls back to the>terminal area. causes several unecessary go-arounds. Not>realistic at all.>>Found a cool vid on youtube called dash 8 landing st. maarten.>It's from the cockpit view. Very realistic view of turb prop>ops in SXM, at least as I remeber them. man, I hope Vic and>company will look into this. >>I feel T.S. has some famtastic potential to be a blast,>especially if Dave makes a file for the program to have SR.>>My hat's off to Vic and company, for the great support they>are giving for this product.>>Best,>David B David I can't find my hard copy of Tower so I downloaded it from a site and installed but can't get it to run. Any ideas? Here is the site. http://www.scenery.org/atc_sims.htm Any ideas?CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Hi Craig, try this.In your Tower folder, create a BAKup folder. Move your MSVCRTx.dll into this BAKup folder.You'll use the newer MSVCRT.dll fiiles in XP.Move, not copy the Wing32.dll file to the Windows System32 folder.That should do it.D/L Listener2, and install it...pretty straight forward.That should get you going Ok. Listener2 really makes BAO tower a blast.Recommend start of low traffic in DC, to get used to Listener2 stuff.I find, if you ask the traffic to call 5 mile final, gives you a good heads up for traffic flow. Hopefully someday, Tower Simulator will add this feature as well. really helps when you get BUSSSYY! :-)Hope it works. Have fun.best,David

Will give it another try. I copied the Wing32.dll (not moved it). maybe that was the problem. Thanks

Hi Craig, yes you need to move it to the system32 directory. Otherwise they conflict with each other.BEST,David

Guest United

Not worth it guys. Spend your $$ elsewhere.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest frozen

He's not the only one who's bank account has unnecessarily gone to slaughter. I'm posting my review everywhere I can until Wilco get EUR56 worth of my feedback, having sold me rubbish:I am a self-confessed geek. While other people buy the number one best seller game and kill dragons or infiltrate enemy HQs, I enjoy simulators and can play them for hours and hours. One of my favourites in the late 90s was Tower by BAO/Apollo. It was smooth, flowed and although it wasn

Good post Frozen. I was very interested in this program when I first saw it but was put off by the price. As it turns out it looks like I may have had a narrow escape. Am I right in thinking that the forum quoted by Scoob tends not to allow any posts that express dissatisfaction with the program? I saw one post that queried why a previous thread had been deleted and the answer referred to Wilco support but I can't see a Wilco forum for this product.There is also a link to a YouTube video of the program which really does it no favours at all. I would have thought that a company of this size would have at least made sure the spellings were correct....."Live of thousands of passengers depends on you""five several worldwide airports" it really is not very professional IMHO