Sign in to follow this  
Guest blazer1234

Tower Simulator

I would be interested to know how many users have had their posts deleted. It seems strange that the people who have expressed dissatisfaction here don't seem to have posted anything on the official support forum, can't see a single post asking about a refund.

Guest Capt_Scarlet

FYI, You can resize the strips and command boxes if you double click on them which turns them into a window and you lock them again again by double clicking inside the window, also you can set it up so that the window positions are remembered. If you ran it in windowed mode then you wouldn't need to keep moving the windows around to see the radar etc.I have seen some posts deleted but that is usually because the poster hasn't posted a console log and just wants to complain without trying to get help or help to report and fix bugs. I have noticed that this type of support is happening more often and to some degree I understand why ( to only have to deal with bug reports and get it running etc ) but it can at times make the developers look a little touchy in regard to bad comments. John

Guest frozen

>FYI, You can resize the strips and command boxes if you>double click on them which turns them into a window and you>lock them again again by double clicking inside the window,>also you can set it up so that the window positions are>remembered. If you ran it in windowed mode then you wouldn't>need to keep moving the windows around to see the radar etc.>>I managed to resize the radar boxes, but didn't seem to be able to do so with the command box - particularly to catch-up on missed calls. This could very well be my error. As for running it in windowed mode, I did so to begin with and couldn't see the flight strips box which, as we've discovered, cannot be 'popped-up' if it isn't there to begin with. As an aside, I've since re-loaded BAO's Tower again, helped by a tip I saw here on making it work with XP, and I'm even more angry with Wilco now. I've just been playing Tower, happily, for a good 30mins and it's so many things Tower Simulator isn't. The AI speech is way better, the aircraft flow (accepting the taxying into each other issue) much smoother, the interface much easier to use and the gameplay is actually THERE! The graphics aren't quite as swish as Tower Sim, but the rest makes up for it. I don't know how Feel There have managed to screw Tower Simulator up so badly, when the standard was set so highly 13 years ago!

>>I have seen some posts deleted but that is usually because the>poster hasn't posted a console log and just wants to complain>without trying to get help or help to report and fix bugs. I>have noticed that this type of support is happening more often>and to some degree I understand why ( to only have to deal>with bug reports and get it running etc ) but it can at times>make the developers look a little touchy in regard to bad>comments. >>John I understand, thanks for that John

Guest PARADISE

Wilco must be related to EA Sports...........both are well known to revamp old "games" yet make no changes to the softwares, usually making gameplay worse and, of course, charging more.

Guest blazer1234

I also made a comment ( meant positive )with a link to the article of Jon Braid ( good article )my reward was: a kick off the towersim forum.The fun part is that a few people asked about deleted post, andthe answer was: No of course not........ ( a little hypocrite)

Guest blazer1234

Well I got a reaction:Since you don't tell me your real name I just assume you are Rob,This forum is a technical one and your personal opinion not necessary reflects the opinions of other. Since you admited in your article after 2 hours you wished to get your money back I don't believe your review is accurate enough to provide clear review to our customer.Many of your points are clearly user errors and lack of understanding of features. Since I'm not in the freedom to comment your article I'm asking you to refrain advertise your website on our forums. You are banned for 12 hours per our forum rules (when you come back check them out again, to avoid further or final ban) and it's a co-incidence tomorrow is June.On a personal level; what is your real ATC experience? May I call you a collegue?VicMy answer:My dear Victor,No my name is not Rob. and for certainly I'am not the author of that article.I WAS a costumer of TowerSimulator with all respect of the product and only with a few comment( about the same as the linked article) BUT I thought I was interesting for the developers too make the product betterbecause I think it has potential , therefore I think it should be a very good thing to listen to those comments on a positive wayinstead of a more defensive way.So Victor , To be very honest I gave reaction on the AVSIM forum about this kicking of the forum.And for certain I will make a copy of this topic, because I think it's not nice that you treated people like thisAll the best with the productAndr

Guest shally

Hello All, I wish I had read all of these posts before I parted with my cash. I too assumed that time meant progress and 13 years of progress had me excited at what I expected to be released. Based on my experience with Tower I couldn't wait for the release. I can't ever remember being this disappointed with a release. How do you go so far backwards from what has already been achieved. Aircraft that simply jump off the runway ( they look like Harrier jump jets!) and the landing aircraft obviously cut the engine power way too early - just watch them smash down onto the runway. If you buy a TV that doesn't live up to the promise you get your money back. I now know why the promised preview videos never appeared on the website pre-release. Wilco - you have ripped off many and have a lot to answer for.Stephen Shallcross.

John,feelThere pointing you to Wilco and Wilco pointing you to feelThere is par for the course. Only the insane, which I am guitly of, continue to encourage this madness by perpetuating this dysfunctional relationship.Yes, scoob is a helpful and nice person, but that doesn't erase the oddity of the Wilco/feelThere support relationship. If this sort of support is your cuppa tea, then go for it. Beware of the disappearing support forum when the developers have had enough of your bleating and have moved on to the next project.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I am out my money and have likely hit the end of the line with wilco/feelthere.I wanted TowerSim to be great and was despondent that it was a wilco/feelthere endeavor.In any case, TS is not ready for prime-time.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest frozen

What I still don't understand is why Wilco didn't hear early alarm bells ringing, quickly take the hit with some exceptional refunds and pull the product off the shelf until it was way, way better. It would have cost them a bit of cash, but way less than the long term harm their reputation is receiving by underwriting such a poor product. Had they done this, few would remember the blink of an eye as it was released then unreleased, and the discussion would have petered out in days, as opposed to websites and websites full of very negative comments that are only going to stick around on the www.I'm not a businessman, but I'm astonished at the way they've dealt with this evident mistake and I hope they're seeing some sort of customer retribution in the form of reduced sales of their other stuff - they can't be allowed to get away with stealing from people...ggrrr