Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Brand New to Panel Issues

Guest bobsk8

I have been simming for many years, but other than downloading an occasional panel, I have done virtually nothing with panels. I own the Bill Lyons Sikrosky S-43 and also his Grumman Goose. The S-43 does not have a heading indicator on the panel, other than the magnetic compass which is very difficult to read when flying, but the Goose does. On another aircraft I own, someone sent me a file that swapped the Turn and Bank indicator with a ADF indicator. What I would like to do is the same thing with the Sikorsky, swapping the Grumman Goose Heading indicator with the Turn and Bank in both the 2D and 3D panels. Is there a tutorial or some stuff I can read that would teach me the basics of how to do this in the panel Config? Thanks

Bob,Here's a simple set of instructions.1. Copy/Backup The S-43 panel.cfg ( located in S-43Panel folder )2. Open up the Goose panel.cfg and find what name is used for the heading indicator gauge, maybe something like GOOSE!Heading ( main gauge name ! sub gauge name )3. Locate the 2 instances of the Turn and Bank indicator on the S-43 panel.cfg and comment the line entries out by using "//" before the line entry.4. Start a new line directly under the ones commented out using the same X,Y location and X,Y size.Example- S-43 panel.cfg//gauge26=Sikorsky!TurnBank, 165,43,48,53gauge26=GOOSE!Heading, 165,43,48,53This will work as long as the GOOSE gauges are located in the FS9Gauges folder.Some fiddling with the X,Y position and size may need to be done to have it fit properly.For more information also see the panel and gauges SDK provided by MS.http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul..._sdk.asp#panels Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest bobsk8

OK, so the gauges have to be in thye FS9 Gauge Folder. I had put them in the Panel Folder...... Thanks for the Info.

Guest bobsk8

Roman,Got home tonight and following your instructions, I got everything sorted out and now have the gauages all working. Thanks for helping :)