Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waltm

Any way to adjust maximum gear deployment speed?

Guest Waltm

I've got PSS's terrific Avro Vulcan, but the maximum gear deployment speed is too touchy for my taste (try to lower the gear at slightly over 174 KIAS and it "jams"--refuses to lower at all). Is there any way to change this by editing the aircraft.cfg file and/or the flight model file? I've examined both of these files and haven't yet found a place to do it.Thanks.-- Walt

Walt,I don't have this package, but my guess would be that this effect has been achieved through gauge programming. If that is the case, no amount of tinkering with the .air or .cfg files will change it. You could confirm this by aliasing to the default 747 panel. If the restriction goes away, then it is gauge based.Doug

HiYeah ya can change it in the aircraft.cfg contact points section its the 14th and 15th entry ....the following is from a default aircrafts cfg //14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS) //15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS) so the below entry 220 250 KIAS are the limits for the gear (anything below 220 is ok,@250 the gear gets damaged) point.0=1, 40.00, 0.00, -8.40, 1181.1, 0, 1.442, 55.92, 0.6, 2.5, 0.9, 4.0, 4.0, 0, 220.0,250.0setting them to 0 will allow them to be lowered no matter what speed cheersWozza

Guest Waltm

Thanks everyone. I'll give both ideas a try.-- Walt