Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Trapping/monitoring keys and events in XML

Hi Rob,I was just using L:Test to confirm what I thought was happening with other code, and sure enough it's still processing each keystroke twice. I tried a few other variables as well, and all of them were incrementing twice.However, if I do:(L:KBD Input, bool) ! d (>L:KBD Input, bool) if{ (L:Test, enum) ++ (>L:Test, enum) }Then L:Test only gets incremented once, as it should. No, for some strange reason, all the keystrokes are being processed twice.There's obviously SOME reason why, as you say the code works for you, but I am not using the handler anywhere else, so it's a mystery. I can live with it using the method above, but I'd sure like to know why it's happening:(--Jon

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

The refered document is unavailable and a hunt through theSDK after an hour still yealds nothing so far any chance of reposting the keyboard ref numbers or of telling me what the number for the cntr+ shift+ f key is ?

The table you are looking for is in FSUIPC for Advanced Users.doc, page 18 or thereabouts.Doug

Hi,Not sure, but try 838.(f=70shift-f=256+70ctrl-f=512+70ctrl-shift-f=512+256+70)Jan

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

Meny Thanks

Guest bartels

What about placing the gauge in the virtual cockpt?

>>Hi,>>>>This one works:>>>>>>>>(>K:ABORT)>> >> >>>>Jan>>>>"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis...">>Actually it doesn't quite. It only traps the second Crtl-E>keypress. At least my code does.>>Peter>>> > > > > (> K:ENGINE_AUTO_SHUTDOWN)> > > >In order to disable Ctrl-E (engine auto-start), I did the same in C++. It almost works. If you press Ctrl-E once, it doesn't start the engine, but if you press Ctrl-E repeatly several times, it finally starts the engines, as if one of the engine auto start event could pass across the net ;-)Strange, isn't it?Eric