Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

Tower Simulator

Hi all,just downloaded and installed this latest offering from feelthere.But on trying it, I cannot get past the DirectX check window.It says I do not have the minimum version installed and to press OK to install version5.0. This I cannot do as the mouse disappears behind the window and the only option left is to close the application from the status bar.On checking DXDIAG, I not only have version 5.03 but also version9.0 and no problems shown. Anybody got this running on XP? or any ideas as to what is going on?Regards JohnT

Hi Jim,Thanks for the reply, my error they do ask for DirectX9.0c. According to my DXDIAG,system window I am running DirectX Version DirectX9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)So at a loss as to what is wrong.Regards JohnTAlso anybody contemplating getting the bundled package with Voice Buddy enclosed, be aware that using the keycode as supplied by Wilco is not accepted by Voice Buddy to complete registration and so as it stands after 15days mine will cease to work.

Remembering the old days of "tower simulator" I went ahead and bought the new "tower" from Wilco.1. Has anyone had success installing and running this s/w?2. Has anyone started a support forum ... there is not one at Feelthere (yet??)I have tried SAFE MODE administrator installs, uninstalls, reinstalls, and upon executing, simply executing the program results in the "don't send" to Microsoft screen, with the failure in tower.exe.I note that there is never an icon on the desktop for tower, not an entry in the START menus.This on a new Dell XPS 630i, Pentium Quad, 4GB ram, 2.4ghz, Nvidia 8800 with 512k memory, XP2 w/sp2HELP

Small consolation, but relieved to see I am not alone with problems.No answer or acknowledgment to support ticket request.I do have the icon plus entry in the start menu but that is as far as it goes.Regards JohnT

Support forum is here: http://forum.iemit.com/default.aspx?g=forumInstalled and run flawlessly here, although on the support forum a few bugs have been identified are being corrected.Very interesting program, hopefully it can develop to its potential.David

David Porrett

Thanks David for the link to the Forum, dont know how you got it, because when I tried via the button on the publicity web site I got nowhere.Humble pie time, once registered I posted my problem(s) onto the above forum.Was advised to download DIRECTX_runtime Mar2008 and install. Did this but was stumped when asked to designate a folder for the extracted files. This was a new one for me as all previous MS downloads have done there own thing and loaded themselves. Queried this and was told any folder will do, so created another restore point, and installed the program into C:Prog Files. Still no joy with Tower Sim. That was until somebody said I had to find the DIRECTX.exe and double click it. That done Tower Sim is now working.Please developers acknowledge we are not all CPU literate and do need all the "T's" crossed and "I's" dotted when problems arise-a bit of extra typing can and does save us all a lot of time ansd heartache.My thanks to all who advised.JohnT

Yes, thanks very much David for the link and for the DirectX refresh requirement ... did that and YAY it works!!Best Regards,Paul BenoitKAPVAppe Valley, CA

Glad to help guys, I don't post much so I'm glad to finally be of some assistance. Hopefully they can iron out some of the bugs!David

David Porrett