Sign in to follow this  
tintin

XML FormattedText

HelloFirst thanks to all previous posters in this forum. I've learned a lot from all of you.Nonetheless I still got a question for all the XML gurus here.I've seen in the Microsoft gps gauge that you can do all fancy sort of things like change text size/color and use tabs when you put your string into a FormattedText element.However I cannot get the FormattedText to behave like the normal Text which scales/streches the string so it fits into the size I provide.(Like I want to display a string with small font size to have exactly the same width as a string with big font size, given same characters)Is this possible at all? I've found no options yet.Thank you.

Have you tried Fixed="Yes" in the text settings line? Adding this causes the text to stretch and fill the text box width. This should work in Formatted text as well.nick

Hello NickYes i have, unfortunately it does not work. It will not strech over the complete width. I tried with and without specifying a FontSize. Also tried WidthFit, no success :-(

Sorry, maybe I said it wrong. It does not work for me ;-)Here is a code snippetABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXI have a screenshot attached of the result. the first two lines are the text elements and this is how i want it to look. The last two lines are the FormattedText.I deliberately used no Fontsize attribute since the text element sorts this out automagically and it is probably not a whole number.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120533.jpg

Hi,May be this method helps:80,90,100,110,120,130,140,150,160,170,180,190,200" > {fnt1}AtBtCtDtEtFtGtHtItJtKtLtMtNtOtPtQtRtStTn{fnt}AtBtCtDtEtFtGtHtItJtKtLtMtNtOtPtQtRtStTnJan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan, thank you for your help.That would indeed do the trick. I'll try that later.