Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Simple Autopilot Gauge

Hi AllI am a GA flyer who does not use an autopilot much. What I would like though is to be able to engage the AP to hold my current heading and altitude - bit like having a co-pilot when you need to go to the bathroom :-) who will keep things straight and level until you get back. I don't need or want to set heading or altitude neither do I need the other AP functions.I guess this would actually be quite simple if I understood how to program gauges in xml. All I want is a single button on the panel which when clicked will engage the AP and hold current heading and altitude and when clicked again will just disengage the AP.I have started to read up on xml gauge programming but any help would be much appreciatedthanks in advance

You don't need a gauge, just press "Z" to engage the autopilot, then press "CTRL+Z" to engage and set ALT hold to your current heading, and finally press "CTRL+H" to engage and set HDG hold to your current HDG. Now go pee!Jim

Hi JimThanks very much - that is exactly what I am trying to achieve! I would like to be able to put it into a switch though if I can

Hi,1. Find somewhere an xml file and copy this textand save as "autopilot":(AUTOPILOT_ALTITUDE_LOCK,bool)Autopilot(K:AP_HDG_HOLD) (K:AP_ALT_HOLD) 2. Create 3 bitmaps:autopilot switch backgroundonoff3. Make a folder "my gauges" under the panel folder of the aircraft.Put in here the bitmaps and the xml file4. In the panel.cfg:Main- or panel what you want,........Gaugexx=my gauges!autopilot, xx,yy,zz (coordinates) .......Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Thanks very much Jan I will do that this evening when I get home from work :-)