Sign in to follow this  
MKaprocki

Fuel selector Both i.s.o. L/R for FFS RV-7

Guest Biggles71

Hi guys,I using the Flight Factory Simulations RV-7 payware.Nice little aircraft...I'm planning worldtrip with the real aircraft of this type, in a couple of years form now. So now it the time to do some routing and fuel testing with the FFS one.The aircraft comes with the Left/Right/Off Fuel selector, just like in the real aircraft.However, I like to modify it towards the C182 L/R/Both fuel selector.I've installed the C182 fuel selector on the panel, but unfortunately the Both position does not work.I can select L, R and OFF, but the middle one does not keeps it position.What do I need to change in the cfg file, to make it work please...?Thanks for your help,BigglesFlying was my first love and it will be my last one!

Guest iholrf

You can have a variety of tank names such as LeftMain, RightAux, Front and so on. Check the fuel sections on both aircraft.cfg files for tank names and other fuel differences (Number of fuel selectors etc.).CheersShad

Guest Biggles71

Yes, I checked the fuel cfg file:Left main and right main are the tanksFuel selector: 1My question is ; how can I take fuel from the left and right tank at the same time? What needs to be done?Do I need to change the nr of fuel selectors ?Anybody.. please?Regards,Biggles

Hi,Did you try:(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL) for the Both position?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Biggles71

Hi Jan,Where should I look for the (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL) ?In the cfg file > aircraft > fuel section?I have the following things in this section;Left Main tankRight Main tankFuel type 1number_of_fuel_selectors 1electric pump 1Can you please give some more explanation on the above....Thanks,Brgds,Biggles71

Sorry about the short message.The command (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL) belongs to an XML gauge, which you can make; or by editing an existing one.Has nothing to do with the aircraft.cfg file.In that gauge you have the possibility to choose between Left, Right All and Off.The needed commands are:(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT) (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT)(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL) (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF) If you cannot make it yourself, do a search in the libraries.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Biggles71

Jan,OK, but I've removed the fuel selector that was installed (L/R/OFF) and have now installed the C182 fuel selector on the panel.So basically I've a fuel selector with L/R/BOTH/OFF, only the switch does not stay in the BOTH position...it flicks back to L or R.I have the feeling that some setting needs to be changed to allow the selector to be working in the BOTH position.Thanks for a further word of explanation,Biggles71Flying was my first love and it will be my last one!

Hi,The Cessna fuel selector is incorporated in the "multigauge" Cessna.gau, which is C++ coded and, for me, not accesible for editing.In XML it is a piece of cake.See as an example the "Spirit of st Louis" fuel selectors.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>Hi guys,>>I using the Flight Factory Simulations RV-7 payware.>Nice little aircraft...>>I'm planning worldtrip with the real aircraft of this type, in>a couple of years form now. So now it the time to do some>routing and fuel testing with the FFS one.>>The aircraft comes with the Left/Right/Off Fuel selector, just>like in the real aircraft.>>However, I like to modify it towards the C182 L/R/Both fuel>selector.>I just wanted to mention, that the real RV's (low wing), don't have a "both" selector, because they'll transfer fuel from wing tank to wing tank, if they did.L.Adamson -- RV6A

Guys, I don't have the code in front of me now, but I believe we made it so that you could not select the BOTH position. We did this so that user who used key presses to change the fuel selector would not have problems with it selecting BOTH. Programmed like this, it will not be possible to go to BOTH.

Guest Biggles71

So, if I understand it right, there is no way of modifying the RV7 with a BOTH fuel selector...? Can I use another fuel selector ? If yes, which one please?As I said, I've tried the Cessna fuel selector with the both position, unfortunately, it doesn't keep it...Is there a way to change the "code" and allowing the BOTH position?Please try to keep it simple...I'm not into XML programming etc...Brgds,BigglesPS: Youn probaably understood by now, that solving this problem is very important for me....Flying was my first love and it will be my last one!

Well,If you have the proper bitmaps, a lot of people here can make a fuelselector with left, right, both and off positions (in XML),unless, as Matt said, the design makes it impossible.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Biggles71

MKaprocki Could you please confirm that the codes defenitively don't allow a BOTH fuel selector...?If it does allow,... Jan I would really appreciate if you or somebody else could send me an XML Both fuel selector.Thanks again,Biggles Flying was my first love and it will be my last one!PS: Jan, veronderstel dat je nederlandstalig bent..., bedankt voor de moeite !

Hi,It is indeed possible to code your plane's fuel system in a way that the Both position remains impossible.Ask the Developers.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Biggles71

Jan,I've asked the Flight Factory simulation developers on their support website on June 30th... see;http://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/d...topic.php?t=136 Unfortunately still no reply.... They deliver nice payware products, but their supports seems to be non-existant !Brgds,BigglesFlying was my first love and it will be my last one!