Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skymed

GPS Small View

Guest Skymed

ANy thoughts on why this does not work?C:fs9gpsC:fs9gps175 (@g:map_ZoomFactor) 1852.0 * (A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians)(A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians)(A:GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK, Radians) 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0x5 0x5 0x7 0x7 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 24 (@g:map_ZoomStep) case0xE 0xF (@c:FlightPlanIsActiveApproach)?Steve

Steve,I altered:(@g:map_ZoomFactor) 1852.0 * into20 1852.0 * And it works ok.May be something to do with your "Zoom Var"Make a custom L: one; i did too.Hope it helps, Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Simple... you didn't include the macro code to calculate the @g:map_ZoomFactor...As has been written already, either substitute a constant for @g:map_ZoomFactor or a custom L:variable... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Skymed

BillRoger that, and thanks. Just building a new zoom button now.Steve

Hi,I tried adding the zoom macro's but that didn't work.There is that mysterious (for me):..... @1 caseI use custom L:Var's.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>Hi,>>I tried adding the zoom macro's but that didn't work.>There is that mysterious (for me):>>..... @1 caseThat is a case of "nested Macros" :) They are convenient, but make unraveling the logic more difficult than sorting a bowl of cooked spaghetti!2000 1500 1000 500 350 200 150 100 50 35 20 15 10 5 3.5 2.0 1.5 1.0 0.576037 0.329164 0.246873 0.164582 0.082290 0 24 @1 case@1 0.55 * sp1 1 sp0 :1 @CalculateZoomFactor(l0) 1852 * l1 < if{ l0 ++ sp0 g1 } l0The first Macro is an indexed list of "zoom constants." The "24" just before the @1 is the max index value (there are 24 items in the list).The "FitToZoom" (@1) Macro calculates the needed index value, then looks in the "CalculateZoomFactor" (@CalculateZoomFactor) to fetch the Zoom multiplier constant.It's no coincidence that those values represent the GPS map scale: 2000nm, 1500nm... all the way down to 0.082290nm (500')... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fr Bill,I know, the ...case.... isn't the problem, but the @1.No idea how to use it and there are a lot of that @1, @2, @3 etc. in the gps code.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan, Quite possibly there is a new variable "holder" I.E. s1 -> l1, sp1 -> l1, G:Vars, L:vars.... If you write to >@1 then you'll have that result in @1. Didn't test but there are no headers for a @1. So just assuming.. would like to test myself in time. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Roman,I think you're right.Also testing to find the logic.Reading %((@1))%!s or d etc gave only 0.But sure intriging stuff.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

What if... A stack "pointer" Oh boy!!! That would be fun :-( . OR as Bill mentioned a part of nested , where the @# points to the nest,, again FUN !!! :-( Up a little late doing some "knowledge" searching for a friend of mine who NEEDS her computer again..It's all loaded up with ABI network, Hot search, Holistyc, VX2, Claria, back space, IML server... All Maleware !!! What a pain ! The "geeks to go" searches tell me to give up and reinstall. UGHH! Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Eugen

Hi,About the @1 isn't that the parameter that is sent to the macro ? Compare it it with a function , where several parameters could be sent in to the function.Calling the macro test@Test(1,2,3) @1 (>@c:IcaoSearchInitialIcao) @2 (>@c:IcaoSearchStartCursor) @3 (>@g:enteringInput)ie parameter 1 will be @1, parameter 2 will be @2 etc.Thats how I think it works but I am not sure//Eugen

Hi,Works like you say.@1,@2, etc are the parameter's values passed to the macro.Ie: ...@Macro1((L:Var1,number),(L:Var2,number))Inside <"Macro1">@1 has the value of L:Var1, and @2 that of L:Var2You can use this values for calculations; assign them to other variables or even pass them as arguments to other macros.Tom

Tom,I use them without knowing what happens.Can you give an example to test with, so that I can experiment a bit to get more knowledge?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,You might try:@1 10 + @SecondTemp(@2) -@1 10 +35 (>L:Temp1,celsius) 20 (>L:Temp2,celsius)@FirstTemp((L:Temp1,celsius),(L:Temp2,celsius)) (>L:TempTot,celsius)%Total Temp = %((L:TempTot,celsius))%!3d!%(L:TempTot,celsius) should read 15This is a fairly simple example of how to deal with nested macros. Sure you can go deeper, (I've done it), though you may reach a point where FS crashes (it happened to me also), and need to go back. That's the way programming works!:-)Tom

he,That is just the reason why I stopped exploring the @1.The same happened also when converting GPS variables in custom L:Var's.Some worked ok, some crashed the sim.(Like (@g:popupMenu))Well, still a lot to discover.Thanks for the example.Btw. Your example works all rightChanging the positions of the @'s gave unpredictable results.Still an enigma.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"