Sign in to follow this  
Guest liongreek

HELP IN NEW GAUGE NEEDED

Guest liongreek

Hey people, this is my first post here and I don't know if this issue has been addressed, but...here goes...Lots of people, including myself use MSFS to simulate military aircraft operations. From time to time we have come across some very interesting work regarding this matter. However, we are not able to simulate combat operations. Now, I am not saying that we should find ways to launch missiles in the game. All we need is the brains of you people, to devise a gauge that will SIMULATE a missile lock. The general idea could be that if you keep the enemy aircraft in your HUD for a certain time, in a certain distance, perhaps the HUD would change colour and simultanously a beeping sound will inform the opposing aircraft that it has been locked. I have discussed this possibility with Eric Marciano, who says that it is possible, but he is working on another great project this time. Any ideas as to this matter? Multiplayer compatibility is a must...

Guest Bastian

Hi,I think too that it is possible but also very complicated.The look on from an airplane to an other airplane is not so complicated. "Anything" you have to do is to go through every plane and check if it is within a specified angle in X and Y direction or in a cone from the position of the aircraft and in a certain range. its "only" a little bit 3D math. ;)The second part is more complicated. You will have to find a way to send a message to an aircraft. My first Idea is a standalone program that opens a server and connects with all other aircrafts (no AIs ;) ).This program communicates with the lock on gauge and sends an lock on to the locked aircraft. To determine which aircraft has been locked you will have to get the position of every aircraft and calculate then the locken aircraft.It is not impossible but difficult ;)Best regardsBastian PS please excuse my english, it isn't my main language

Guest liongreek

Bastian , no problem with your English man...my problem is that i don't know a thing about programming, i need someone who does and has the time to work with it. I can assure you that, upon success, he will have the gratitude of the whole community...your explanation makes good sence, the problem must be in the communication between the two a/c.....so come on all you great gauge designers out there, show me your brilliance!!!!