Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Placement of WX 500 Radar in LDS 767 VC Panel

Hi Guys:After a day of trying to place the WX500 Radar in the LDS 767 VC Panel I need some serious help. The problem is that I add-it to the panel.cfg in the VC section with the appropriate coordinates as a reference point for tweaking but it doesn't even show up!Is there a trick for adding gauges to the VC only that differs from adding a gauge to the 2D panel?I am going to use the entire gauge because on the 767 VC pedistal there is a very realistic spot forward of the throttle quad that can house another MFD or Radar,etc.I understand the basics of the x,y, size, mm structure of the gauges in the panel.cfg but I am clueless as to why it won't show up and this should be very rudimentary.Your help would be GREATLY appreicated. (did I mention that your help would be greatly appreciated? If not, then I want you to know that your help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!) :-)Regards,Mike T.

There is a significant difference between 2d panels and VC panels:VC panels must provide a "projection screen" on which to display the gauge(s). If the modeler didn't create a "projection screen" in any given area of the VC, then no amount of "fiddling" will matter, as you cannot add one to the model without the original source file for the .mdl file...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill:I understand the projection screen concept I think, and the area in which I want to place the gauge has other gauges sans there has to be a projection screen in that area? Right?So, with the assumption that there IS a projectino screen... What would be the subsequent steps?Thanks so much for your reply.Mike T.

>Hi Bill:>>I understand the projection screen concept I think, and the>area in which I want to place the gauge has other gauges sans>there has to be a projection screen in that area? Right?>>So, with the assumption that there IS a projectino screen... >What would be the subsequent steps?Not necessarily. The modeler may have used "gauge shaped/sized" polygons in the model for the "projection screen," in which case you may only replace an existing gauge with another of similar shape/size.If you look at the [VCockpitXX] entries, and see that the existing gauges are extremely close, or seemingly randomly placed on the texture grid, then it's a fair bet that they used the technique I mentioned above.Since I don't own that particular a/c, I can't look for you to determine whether they used this technique or another.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill:Again, thanks for your knowledgable help. You are spot on. I replace another gauge in the VC and it showed up fine. When I try to place it in other places, just pieces of it show up where the coordinates overlap on existing gauges with black backgrounds. *sigh*Waste of a Sunday. :-(But thanks a million for your help!!! Not even the makers of Weather Radar Reality-XP bothered to take the time to answer and its their friggin product!!Warm regards,Mike T.