Sign in to follow this  
Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Problem with making a gauge

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I am making a overhead panel and need to make some gauges. I have a XML gauge for an anti ice but this only does one engine and I would like to make one for engine 2, but sure how to go about this. Is it possible. Would also like to no how to make dummy gauge as I think some of the gauge on the A320 are not supported by FS2002, eg eng 1+2 bleed. Have looked in the panel sdk and can not work it out.

Guest iholrf

I don't know what anti-ice code your using, but generally the code is identical with a minor change like eng1 to eng2 in the section.Other types are non-specific. For instance prop de-ice is on or off for all. I am not sure what type of engine de-icing (if any) a jet requires though?CheersShad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Have tried changing the value from eng1 to eng2 but does not work, when I did this the gauge showed up in the panel but but when I click on the gauge it also turned anti ice on eng one as well. This is the XML of the gauge I am using.(A:General eng1 anti ice position,bool)Is there a site that you can download these type of gauges ?

Guest Mathias

Thisis your problem.No Engine specific numbering down here. When you click on the switch with your mouse it will turn the complete Anti-Ice apparatus of FS on or off, no matter if you useGeneral eng1 anti ice positionorGeneral eng2 anti ice positionto display your switches.Try this:andrespectively. And make sure you download Arne Bartel's xmlgau01.zip. He extraced tons of usefuly XML stuff from various dll's within FS.

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Thanks for that.Is it possible to make wing anti ice? could not see one in the sdk. Does anyone know where I can find a auto trim gauge as I think this is a bit complicated for me at the moment.

Guest Eugen

Hi,Rob Barendregt made a autotrim gauge for the PSS Airbus.pss_a320_lip.ziphttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=69404It could be a good idea to check with Rob if you plan to release your panel.BTW your panel seems to be pretty detailed? you don't happen to be a bus driver?BrgdsEugen

Guest Mathias

>Thanks for that.Is it possible to make wing anti ice? could>not see one in the sdk.(A:STRUCTURAL DEICE SWITCH,bool)

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Sorry after posting message I found it in the SDK, Have problem still though. Gauge is shown in panel but will not switch on or off. Anybody no why? Thought I was getting the hang of switch making, then I try this one. Have looked at the one posted and can not see why mine does not work. (A:Structural deice switch,bool)

Hi,As I remember well something has to be done in the airfile, before this gauge will work.Not sure which one, but probably rec. 1519and may be you have to add from another plane rec. 1548Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

How do you edit the air file ?. Is there a more updated sdk as I need to make a Battery 2 but it is not listed. I know it can be done in c but can it be done in xml ?