Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

XML <Arc> syntax

Guys,(..Like , , etc)Has anyone used ? I can't figure out the proper syntax.Regards,Tom

Hi,From the gps.dll:...Pie Arc Ellipse Circle Polygon Polyline Rectangle HorizontalLine VerticalLine ....The tric is to find the parameters like x=, radius, relclip etc.X="260" Y="130" CenterX="130" CenterY="150" Radius="150" etc.I tried, but didn't succeed yet.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,Yes, from gps.dll as you said.I've tried the second option only, testing and testing but, like you, with no succeed so far.Actually I was thinking to use it as a way to draw the "turn arc" between two waypoints in my 757 ND, when setting the 10 nm zoom factor. Guess I'll need to go for another "trick"...Tom

>Yes, from gps.dll as you said.>Actually I was thinking to use it as a way to draw the "turn>arc" between two waypoints in my 757 ND, when setting the 10>nm zoom factor. Guess I'll need to go for another "trick"...The "problem" is that the stuff from the gps.dll is "hard coded C++ GDI drawing code" that simply allows you to issue a request, and then it hands you back a completely drawn image and says 'here you are, show this...' ;)Have you tried using the "Circle?"........Perhaps something like that with a "Clip" might work?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,We did!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

I've tried the circle, works fine except that I couldn't deal with .I'm not sure, but maybe "clipping" a circle with a rectangle in ND background color drawn on bottom could work...Tom

Jan,That looks great!However, you can those circles because they are set in a fixed position. In my case, waypoint's connecting lines are dynamic calculated to fit within the ND display.Tom

Guest Eugen

HiI looked in my GPS.DLL with notepad and I could not find any arc?Do you use any specific tool to decompile the dll ?BrgdsEugen

Guest Eugen

Hi,Just found a shareware tool called PE Explorer which I used for GPS.DLL.I found out the the following function Arc(hDC: HDC; left, top, right, bottom, startX, startY, endX, endY: Integer): BOOL; stdcall; external 'gdi32.dll' name 'Arc' index 12; BrgdsEugen

That's just bog-standard GDI drawing code. Nearly all of the "real work" of the default GPS is "blackboxed C, C++ & GDI code."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Tom,I see.In what directions does that circle have to move, shift?Does it stay in contact with the "centerline"?I think no problem to shift the circle in any direction;You could use polygons or recrangles to move over the circle to hide some parts.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,Every poly must start at coord 0,0 relative to the the aircraft symbol's vertex. From then it has to be shifted and rotated following proper trigonometric functions. Using a poly/rectangle to partially hide a circle is an option that works for sure; it's just I thought that might save some code and would be more "clean" to program.Tom