Sign in to follow this  
Guest breaker19

Panel Design Window settings

Guest breaker19

I have a 3 questions for panel design=================================================1. What does "Views Forward" mean? in the panel.cfgExample below...[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,OVERHEAD_PANEL,10000,THROTTLE_PANEL,COLLECTIVE_PANEL,GPS_PANEL,10002,10003,10004,10005,10006,10007,10008,EZ-GPS_Premier_CollectionVIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.000VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.000, 0.000, 0.000==================================================2. At the end of the gauges, there are a few sets of numbers followed by commas... what do they represent... Some gauges have 3 numbers, some 2, some 4... after them????Example...gauge15=LVLDB767FMC!FMS, 754, 216, 300gauge01=LVLDB767Afds!Nav1, 535, 0gauge18=boeing777-300!Pitch_Trim_Ind, 602,65,33,60==================================================3. Is there a book that I can purchase to explain these things? or a URL to help me fully understAnd some of the .cfg settings?==================================================I appreciate your help... Thanx

Guest iholrf

Might I direct you to the Panel SDK? It is available free of charge from the main MS Flight Sim website. :)The view forward stuff is just that. The windows named in the views forward are effected by the settings. The dir is the angle of view, up down, for aft, left, right.With gauge settings, the numbers are usually 4 sets1: #of pixles from the left edge2: Number of pixels from the top3: the width of the gauge,4: the height of the gaugeso gauge00=MyGauges!some_gauge, 100,100,50,50means it is 100 pixels from the left and top and is 50x50 pixels in size. If the last two are missing the gauge will default to its real size as defined by its code. If there is only one number, the gauge will default to what a zero from the top and be of default size. No numbers should default to 0,0 with the default size.Hope this helps.CheersShad

Guest breaker19

THANX SHAD... What did you mean by Might I direct you to the Panel SDK? It is available free of charge from the main flightsim library. :)Does this site have a library to explain panel design questions?

Guest iholrf

sorry, check my post again, i edited it. :)CheersShad

Guest breaker19

Chad... still didn't get it. Is it Panel SDK for AVSIM or is it on the Main Microsoft.com site ???

Guest breaker19

Thanx Shad... the freeflight design site was great... thanx again