Garmin G1000

Very nice so far... XML or GDI+ ??

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Timo068

Bitaps for the moment... Timo

Guest Oubie

HI thereI also started on one getting all the bitmaps, but you have done excelent work up to now. I'm willing to help you although as a newbie don't know how much help I will be but lets try.Let me know either here or via me email.OubieCape Townerhardtv@webmail.co.za

Ahhmmm... Depending on the level of realism you are about to achieve, you have some major work in front of you. *:-* Looking good so far! :-smoochI wish you all the best!!!! :-hahCheers :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest iholrf

I am envious of your painting skills. Even in mockup stage it is of higher quality than my best efforts. I would surely like to learn some of the techiques you use. I also suspect my 10 year old copy of PSP might be a tad behind technologically speaking. CheersShad

Guest Timo068
http://134.147.142.4/~martin/g1000pfd6.jpgWell, after the "Main" Functions of the PFD necessary for navigation, including the transpondersettings, are completed, i started to build the panel around that baby. that makes the testflights more enjoyable... :) The standygauges are homemade, too...Well, at least, THIS is my 2nd gauge-project (No1 was a complete Set of Bendix/King-Silvercrown-Avionics), so i think you still can call me a newbie as well.Here a pic of the radios...http://134.147.142.4/~martin/radios5.jpgI do not even hav an idea how to manage the 2nd display containing movingmap and gps-navigation. at the moment i am thinking about to simply modify the default gps-system... we'll see...The Program i use for the graphics is PSP, Version 7. I do not like version 8 and 9... Version 7 is still the best for me...Timo

Guest Timo068

Hi!Thx for the kind words...But up to now all bitmaps for the pfd are completed. The next will be the engine-status-row on the left side of the display... there are not really any heavy bitmaps needed...Maybe i will come back to you later...Timo

That's looking quite nice! I see you even have the altitude "trend arrow" working...The lower half of the horizon bitmap seems to be a bit on the "green" side though.Compare it with this composite screenshot I just took from the Garmin G1000 Trainer program... http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123813.jpg

Fr. Bill    

Guest Timo068

Hi!Ah, the colors... yes... but to change the colors is no problem...ah, is that trainer freeware?! if yes, where can i get that?! would help to understand some things... for now i just have lots of photos and the documentations, but no movies or other animated stuff...cheers, timo

>Hi!>>Ah, the colors... yes... but to change the colors is no>problem...>>ah, is that trainer freeware?! if yes, where can i get that?!>would help to understand some things... for now i just have>lots of photos and the documentations, but no movies or other>animated stuff...Unfortunately, Garmin hasn't posted the trainer on their website. I picked up a CD at the Garmin booth while at Oshkosh this past week, with the idea of eventually recreating in in C++ & GDI+...

Fr. Bill    

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I truly love the readability on those radios, are they freely downloadable? Do you plan to expand on the radio options, such as other audiopanels, simpler autopilots and so on?The "big one" looks very nice too. How well does it read when not zoomed? Although I don't think I will ever fly anything that wouldn't allow me to look out the window :D Good old fahsion analogue is the thing for me, as they are so boring to look at - looking out is the only sensible thing to do :)Excellent work.