Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mathias

Adding an APU engine to Aircraft model

Guest aspnet6

I'm from over at the Cockpit Builder's Forum and I have been wondering about the above topic for a while, and decided to ask the very talented Aircraft Designers: Can we simply add a third engine to the .air and config file for a B737? I am talking about simplifying the Overhead logic for use in the hardware IOCards and SIOC. 1. Can this third engine be given nearly zero thrust in a model? 2. Can one engine be different to the others? 3. Would it matter if it was never advanced from idle. You could physically locate it in the rear of the aircraft madel if you wanted.It would never be seen. This way you could start it up using IOCards and leave it idling. The lo-pressure etc would be available to light up the hardware LEDs etc. You could take the values for voltage and current and put it on the voltmeters. You could use it to make the generator/battery logic busses simpler. You could then make sure there is bleed air to start the main engines. 4. Finally, Can you have a different sound for a third engine? I'm not talking about a panel, or a gauge, or an addon package. I'm just wondering if it is possible to add this third engine?...Ken

Guest Mathias

Alain Capt has done something along your lines for his MD11 panel for FS2004. Here his short description:"This version even solves the terrible "exhausted battery problem" which still exists in FS2004, because this version still does not offer an APU nor an external power source. This is done WITHOUT requiring FSUIPC module to artificially maintain the electric power. My APU has become a true APU with a very tricky gauge coding, which uses engine No 2 in a "hidden" very special way, to make it the missing APU. So now, when you start my APU, electric power will be furnished and you will even have a small fuel consumption !!!"The filename I have of his (presumably) latest version isacsmu248.zipfrom his hompagehttp://www.acsoft.ch