Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxbat

Exporting high-poly models?

Guest Foxbat

I have a model that's something around 70,000 polys. Whenever I export it some parts are always missing. Sometimes it's luck, but I wanted to know if there's any way to get all the parts to show, meaning export properly. So can I do something to get it to export properly, or, if it's a problem with my equipment, can someone do it for me?

Guest jetBlue_83

Try selecting all the parts using the select menu (looks like an arrow with some lines next to it). Just click that button, click "All" and everything will be selected!

Guest Foxbat

But how will that help me export it? I'm not sure you/I understand. Have you accualy had this problem? I have tried grouping everything, too. Is it just my problem, meaning would someone like to volunteer to try to export it? BTW I have already tried grouping the parts, that doesn't help.

Guest Foxbat

Well, I tried it, and other than the fact that it took WAY too long, here's a pic of an error I got.gmaxerror4oy.png

Guest Foxbat

I got it to work, but it doesn't ehlp any. Does anyone else have any other ideas? Is a compiler script a better idea for this? Is there some alternative or do I have to start cutting polys? :( :( :( :*(

Guest jetBlue_83

Hmmm...Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. :( If you send a copy of the file here: thomsonfly.r AT gmail.com , I can give it a try for you. Include it in a zip file please!

>Well, I tried it, and other than the fact that it took WAY>too long, here's a pic of an error I got.Make sure that all other programs are closed down, and ONLY GMax is running. If that doesn't free up enough memory, then...export the exterior and keep the ZZZ.x fileexport the interior and keep the ZZZ_interior.x fileThen, close GMax, navigate to the gamepacksfs2004plugins folder and double-click on MakeMDL.exeLoad the ZZZ.x file and then check the LOD tab to be sure that it picked up the ZZZ_interior.x file as well.Now try compiling...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Foxbat

Wait a minute... I can export parts in small groups and then add them together?So it's memory that's the problem? Should I increase my RAM? Oh, and the error isn't the problem: the only thing is some parts are missing. If that's because of memory I can simply increase RAM.However, if I can get it to export parts and then combine them, then I won't have to. Does it only work for the interior and exterior or can I somehow get only groups of the exterior and then put them together?Thanks.

AFAIK, the only way to export and combine separate .x files is by LOD and the 'exterior' and 'interior' selections.

Fr. Bill    

Guest Foxbat

>Hmmm...>Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. :( If you send a copy>of the file here: yaddayadda , I can give it a>try for you. Include it in a zip file please!Check your mail, tell me how it goes!I tried increasing my random acess mem. with no luck.

Guest iholrf

Err, from the error message the compile path is in C:Gmax -- are you using the GMAX SDK wich includes the GMAX fs2004 gamepack that is installed into gmax's parent folder? Normally the out put should read something like: C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004myprojectCheersShad

Guest Foxbat

That was a "false alarm", it had nothing to do with my model. I was exporting it to the wrong path, so just ignore that post.

>That was a "false alarm", it had nothing to do with my model.>I was exporting it to the wrong path, so just ignore that>post.Oh, you had a brain f*rt? I've had more than my share of those, so I guess you won't need to change your handle to "dingbat" then... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Foxbat

Geez, thanks. That makes my day. :(@jetBlue_83Did you get my e-mail? I haven't heard from you. You aren't hogging it all to yourself, are you!?! :-(

>Geez, thanks. That makes my day. :(>>@jetBlue_83>>Did you get my e-mail? I haven't heard from you. You aren't>hogging it all to yourself, are you!?! :-(If you wrote to me, I never received anything...

Fr. Bill