Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

XML Woes... I though I'd see everything...

Bill,>1 (>L:XMLClick,enum) (L:Function,enum)>1 + 7 min (>L:Function,enum)>>On my main flightsim computer, the above works perfectly. >L:Function,enum will increment from 0 to 5 and then reset to 0>as designed.Maybe I miss something, but looking at your code, it will assign L:Function a value from 0 to 7 and keep 7 once reached. Are you doing a reset of this variable elsewhere?Just curious :-)Tom

Yes, I do... I forgot to include this section in my revised code (L:Func,enum) 6 == if{ 0 (>L:Func,enum) }

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>"The code has been checked and verified to be error free and>all the XML has been validated several times and is>certifiably "well-formed.">>What software do you use to do that?Well, I've been using XMLNotepad.exe to validate that the XML syntax is well-formed, as well as MS Internet Exploder. If the syntax is incomplete or malformed, the XML file won't load.I've been depending on FS9 to provide the logic/programming validation, but that seems not to be as reliable as I had thought, since I now have two examples of XML code that will run properly on on FS9 computer, but NOT on another... ;(

Fr. Bill    

Bill,Ok I guessed that.A hint (I hope):Make a only, do the test on both machines and let me know, could you?Regards,Tom

>Make a only, do the test on both>machines and let me know, could you?Actually, it is working fine now, either way. I found a slight "error" in my copy-n-pasting...It seems that I have to admit now that I've led everyone along on a "wild goose chase," since it is apparent to me now that there's an error in my XML that somehow only shows up on certain computers.The gauge works perfectly fine until I try to insert the following (which only paints a semi-transparent orange rectangle behind the numeric display):(L:GTXCursor,enum) 1 ==I use the exact same syntax for another part of the same gauge without generating a CTD, so I know that there's nothing wrong with the syntax per se, but somehow the drawing order or perhaps another problem...

Fr. Bill    

Bill,I understand it may be quite frustrating when these kind of troubles arise :-(I have a problem similar, in a way, when dealing with third level nested macros; at one point, with one line of code present, FS did nothing but crash. Erase the line, problem solved.So far my best solution was to abandon the code until my mind could clever up with some freshen ideasSo, abandon yes, but keeping the promise to recall :-)Tom

Guest JeanLuc_

I've run accross a similar situation yesterday! I was trying to find out why a gauge was displaying a black rectangle instead of its bitmap on the panel. This gauge is in a gauge pack. I commented out the line in the panel.cfg and all broke down. ??? This gauge used to work before, and now, I get a crash in FS...It took me the afternoon with a debugger to realise that the gauge after in the panel.cfg file was no longer having a shared global initialized because I've commented out the other gauge in the panel.cfg file a couple line befores, and this expected variable was now 0...This helped me find out a flaw in the "crashing" gauge init code that is now solved!I wish I could have saved the afternoon... :-)PS: by the way, the black bitmap was because it was not listed in the ressource file LOL

Guest iholrf

>Jan, I don't doubt that for a minute...>>However, I've found at least four computers thus far that will>crash with a "ntdll.dll error" if the keyword "Transparency">is anywhere in the XML code, even if the line containing>that word is commented out!>>Three other team members are experiencing the same issues with>ntdll.dll errors, engendering a CTD. In one case, the error>is so severe that FS9 simply STOPS and dumps back to the>Desktop without ANY error message.You say this like its unusual. CTD with no error messages, even the occasional system lockup are the norm when I am working on FS and testing.I think it is due to by sound card (at least as a symptom) and tooltips in FS. If I do not turn them off the soundcard begins to crackle a crash is nearly certain.As for transparency, I was going to mention that it was you who gave me working tranparency XML code for my GPS mod/skin. ;) However it seems you and others have already found the problem.I am about to make the backround ploy's tranparent in a similar way to the way you describe for the head gauge. I am curious to know the result given your recent experiences.CheersShad