Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skymed

Storing values into xml variables

Guest iagman

1.I wish to store a 0 or 1 into both the PWR_TOGGLE and LEFT_TURN variables. Why doesn

1.Because after you write a variable with the current stack value, the next value you write will be the value of "stackpointer-1".So what you need to do is place the value on the stack twice, using the "d" operator.I.e.:(L:PWR_TOGGLE, bool) ! d (>L:PWR_TOGGLE, bool) (>>L:LEFT_TURN, bool)2. Assuming that this variable just needs an initial value, and can be changed by the code later on: start your gauge code with an initialisation element, that is only executed once.Like:(L:INIT,bool) !if{ 1 (>L:INIT,bool) 25 (>L:VARIABLE_A,number)} Note: use an L:Var for this INIT variable, NOT an G:Var.Because a G:Var will be reset to 0 when you change from WindowedMode to FullScreenMode, vice versa.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest iagman

"(>>L:LEFT_TURN, bool"What purpose does the "greater than" symbol perform in xml when used in this manner?Glenn

Hi,"(>&g;L:LEFT_TURN, bool)"Is wrong, for sure Rob's typo :-). You may use(>L:LEFT_TURN, bool)or (>L:LEFT_TURN, bool)Because ">" is not supported by some editors, it can be replaced by ">" (forget the quotes)Regards,Tom

Thanks Tom ..Yes, that was a typo :-)Since I've ran into at least one situation where ">" didn't work in XML (can't remember why anymore) I'm used used to using ">" only ...Cheers, Rob

Guest iagman

In answering question two regarding initializing variables, you wrote,"(L:INIT,bool) !if{ 1 (>L:INIT,bool) 25 (>L:VARIABLE_A,number) }"I don't understand the reason behind having the L:INIT variable. What purpose is it serving prior to putting value 25 into L:VARIABLE_A? Would you walk me through your thinking, please.Glenn

Guest Skymed

Let me see if I can get this right:The sim starts and looks at (L:INIT,bool) to see what it is reading ( a 1 or a zero) and you ask it to see if (L:INIT,bool) is equal to zero by adding !(L:INIT,bool) ! says Is (L:INIT,bool) 0 == , IF IT IS EQUAL TO ZERO if{Change its state to a 1 1 (>L:INIT,bool) so this sequence does not get repeated next time the gauge refreshes and also put 25 into a variable: 25 (>L:VARIABLE_A,number)So the gauge reads the state of L:init,bool, checks to see it is zero, id so changes it to a 1 and also puts 25 ( or your numbers) into a specified variable. It only does this when L:Init is zero, so will only do it the very first time the gauge is activated.I hope that makes sense?Steve

Guest iagman

I think the light is slowly coming on.You use the bool variable value to prevent Variable A from being continously initialized each time the gauge is refreshed. Without it, I could never store another value into it, if needed, later in the program since that would be quickly overwritten by the initialization process that is taking place x-number of times per second. Without the bool var. check, the code is useless.Glenn