Sign in to follow this  
Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Problem with Panel

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

HiSorting a panel out for a friend, he had a problem with it and I can not seem to work it out either. The Panel is for a Dash 6 Captain and First Officer views. The problem is the First Officers Panel slopes to the right. Thought it might be because he had not used a Transparent panel as window00, so I put that it and still does it. Have tried Forward_View_Dir in panel config still does it. I know you can change the bank via this line but that only make the Captains Panel slope althought the First Officers panel is position correctly. I think he mirrored the panel.bmp from the captains side to make the First Officers panel, could this be the problem ?Any body help with this as I am stumped.

Guest iholrf

I am finding it impossible to visualize what you are saying... can you post a screenshot and the contents of the panel.cfg?Cheersshad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Hi ShadCan not upload pic file to big. What I am saying is the panel makes the view look like the plane is tipping right, only in the first officers view, captains view is fine. I can send you the pictures in jpeg format and the panel config if you have email address I can send them to.Thanks

Guest iholrf

Try resizing the image to 1024x768 and convert it to jpg... select "embed the url" and jpg in the attachement dialogue. Should work.If that fails send it to foxwolfen@hotmail.comDon't forget to include the panel.cfg (or at least the relevent parts)CheersShad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Have sent pics and panel cfg to email address.Does not look so bad in pictures, I am wondering if it is the bmp as he did rotate the panel using mspaint.Thanks for the help

Guest iholrf

Ah I see what you mean... Its an illusion... It happens on mine as well. It is one of the causes of inflight disorientation when reference points are not parallel, or worse yet when they are curved. Often if the view forward has nothing but scattered clouds you might feel as if you are banked when infact you are level. It is why IFR is so important a skill to master.To see what I mean, take a look at the following images:All lines are strait. Horizontal lines are parallel.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/124890.gifTop lines are parallel on second box, all circles are the same size.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/124891.gifhttp://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/3d/illus1.htmIt can get very dangerous to be fooled by illusion when flying an airplane. JFK Jr. may very well have had such a problem.CheersShad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Thanks for looking at it for me.The only problem I have now is to find out why the window00=Transparent panel shows up black when I first open the aircraft, and why does the fuel cut of switch not show up on Gauge19 but will if moved to 100 or any other number.

Guest iholrf

To answer question 1)Perhaps the default view section in panel.cfg, perhaps due to the color section in same place. Also when you open it, do you do so by selecting if from the list in the creat flight section and loading up a fresh flight, or from a saved game, or from selecting it while in another plane? I have found that not using a clean flight often leaves garbage from the other plane/saved game.To answer #2.I would check that there is not another lost #19 somewhere in the config. Or that #20 doesn't hide it.CheersShad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

When I open the Panel I have tried using Create flight and from saved game, still the same result. Sorted Gauge=19 out, found another one in panel cfg.Also is there any way to make the panel stop leaning to the right, just a little bit would help, I know the Captains panel does lean to the left a bit so the first officers will lean to the right a bit but not that much. anyone have any idea's ?

Guest iholrf

As mentioned. is an illusion. There is no way I know of to make it look like its leaning, there is no setting anywhere for roll angle in the eyes or view in the panel or aircraft config. If you don't like the way it looks, remake the panel to minimize to effect is all I can suggest.Sorry I took so long to reply, comp was having issues and neded a rebuild this weekend. New bios allows me to take this ol' Athlon XP 2400 to 2600 and the FSB to 285mhz... gave me almost 15% improvment in FPS. Sisoft Sandra (probably the only reliable system tester/benchmark) rates it as a PR 3000+ now (except memory which is still a bit slow in relation to P4 3000 but is so overcome by the speed ov the FSB overall (p4's of comparible era are still only 133mhz) that well, as you see it kick the P4's butt - real clock is only 2gig)CheersShad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

No problem shad.I sort of sorted it, did not know you could bank panel in panel.cfg by 0.? untill I tried it, thought you could only do it by 1.0,2.0,3.0 and so on. So in putting 0.7 in, the captains panel leans a little bit more to the left and then so does the First officers, but looks much better now.You running 2004 on that system ? Only ask as I am thinking of changing to 2004 as am still running 2002 thought my pc would not be up to it.Thanks for your help.Does anyone no if there is a gauge which calculates the weight of the aircraft and goes down in weight as the aircraft uses fuel ? Also looking for photo of the overhead for the Dash 6 Twin Otter, have looked on airliners.net and done search on net and not having any luck, anyone no where I can get one ?