Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Tecnam P92 Super Echo Ultra-Light

Guest beloka

Hello,I am a real life pilot on the Tecnam P92 Super Echo and would therefore love to fly it in FS. Seems only one version was made for fs2002, which doesnt behave well at all in fs9. Is anyone aware of an fs9 version out there? Would it be possible to adapt the existing fs2002 to fs9? and if so could anyone help? I contacted the designer but his email doesnt seem active anymore. Help appreciatedEric

Guest iholrf

Sure, I'd be happy to help... whats it worth to you? ;) I suspect most people have other projects on the go. Being a design help forum, maybe instead of asking someone else to do it for you, you might give it a try on your own. Its not as hard as you think (and often much harder than you think heheh). I am sure you would get lots of assistance from the fine folks who haunt these pages.CheersShad

Guest beloka

Dear Shad,tnx for yr reply. It sure is worth a lot for me and i wouldnt mind spending hours trying to adapt the fs2002 file for fs2004 with some help. I just dont have a clue to go about it !Eric

Guest Foxbat

Sorry for thins "not very clear" explanition- 4 words-LEARNTOUSEG-MAXThe exterior and interior models is only half of it, but the rest is usually much easier (but not less important!)You need to make your plane in a 3-D modeling tool that's free called G-max.Check out the Freeflight design forums.It's really not all that hard. It's very rewarding, too!

Guest beloka

tnx,but i m worried with the aerdynamic features: i want it to behave as te real one! Will i managae that with G-max?tnxEric

Guest iholrf

No, not realy. It will be in the airfile and cfg. The model is the visual representation. The reason I suggested trying to model it yourself is that it migh not be as complicated as you think (the gmax part). The fine tuning of the flight model, on the other hand, could be a lot of trial and error and even if somebody were to make the gmax model for you, he/she might not include an airfile.That part of the plane (flight model) is almost more art than science and well, there are a but a handful of magicians capable of understanding everything. Your very specialized craft probably requires your specialized knowledge as a pilot of the craft to tune to anything resembling the real flight characteristics.The folks here can help you understand what parts of the flight model do what as its not always clear in the SDK's.CheersShad

Guest beloka

Tnx again,As i said, the 3d model already exists and is very realistic, so i would need to change the air and cfg files i guess since it was made for fs2002. e.g. as soon as airborne the aircraft pitches up and there is no way to control it. Would i find help on this forum here, starting a new topic?tnxeric