Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Extra View or Pericope?

Guest Skymed

Hi FolksI have been trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to incorporate a front view on a panel that runs on a second monitor. I modded the spirit periscope to provide the view, and as long as the panel remains on the first monitor it works fine. However when I undock the panel to drag over to the second monitor the periscope no longer works. I am presently resorting to opening a new view on the primary monitor and dragging it over to the panel on the second monitor, but this is also an unsatisfactory way of doing what I need.Anyone have any ideas if I can incorporate a front view and have it tied to a panel on a second monitor ( without resorting to Wideview or networked comps) so that it's always there?Steve

Guest iholrf

This question might be more appropriate for the hardware forum. If you are running a dual setup like mine, which is dual dvi output on the same card, then you might not be able to use 3d on both monitors. If you use a dual head (two cards) then you should be able to have 3d views on both. That is hardware and FS config, not so much panel design.CheersShad

Guest Skymed

Thanks for your reply, However I do think its a pertinent question for this forum because its a view tied to a specific panel. So I dont think its hardware at all as opposed to configuration of panels and/or some clever XMl stuff.However, I have been wrong before :-)Steve

I can't solve the issue of how you can accomplish your goal, but I can at least tell you why the "periscope" won't work...If you look closely at the XML code for the "periscope," you'll discover that what you're actually "seeing" IS the 3d background in [Window00].Hence, if you move the sub-panel the gauge is installed on to another monitor, the 3d "outside" is no longer on screen to be "seen" through the gauge...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator