Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phil51

Twin / Corporate freeware aircraft

Guest MCharves

Hi all...I'm looking for some decent quality freeware models / aircraft for use. I've searched here and Flightsim.Com for some, with little luck. So I was just wondering that perhaps some of you who may frequent other sites I'm not familiar with may know of some at other places, or here I may have missed. Some of the aircraft I'm looking for are :Piper CheyennePiper NavajoCessna 441Cessna 421CPiper SenecaKing Air seriesDeHaviland Dash 8These are some of them... I can use really any "corporate" or "charter" style twin passenger aircraft, but those were the one's I was focusing on.

Guest CWD

There are payware models for all of almost all of these.>Piper CheyenneFSD International made a 400, Aerosoft has I and II variants on the way.>Piper NavajoFSD International again, a Navajo Panther to be exact.>Cessna 441>Cessna 421CFlight1.>Piper SenecaFSD and Just Flight.>King Air seriesAeroworx made a great B200.>DeHaviland Dash 8Phoenix Sky Simulations.

Guest MCharves

I realize that. What I need are freeware versions rather than payware one's.

Guest CWD

>I realize that. What I need are freeware versions rather>than payware one's.My sincere apologies, I misunderstood you. I'm afraid you're mostly out of luck, though. There are some pretty good freeware Dash 8s (most notable the Premiere Aircraft Design ones), but other than that, payware's all there is unless you count AI models.

>I realize that. What I need are freeware versions rather>than payware one's."Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, fresh oats you must be willing to pay the farmer a fair price. If you can be happy with oats that've been through the horse already, they are much cheaper..." :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

LOL, that is cold Bill!(BTW good analogy!)I think you might need to elaborate on your idea of quality. Obviously there will be a difference in the quality of most payware vs freeware. From that list, most of those have no equals to the payware versions. If you don't care about VCs and have no problem using the default panels, there are some good AI versions of the 421 and B200. Chances are if you didn't find it at Flightsim or here, it don't exist.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest MCharves

>>I realize that. What I need are freeware versions rather>>than payware one's.>>"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, fresh oats>you must be willing to pay the farmer a fair price. If you>can be happy with oats that've been through the horse already,>they are much cheaper..." :)>>I do happen to own the FSD International versions of the Cheyenne, Seneca, and Porter PC-6. Naturally I'd much prefer to fly those rather than a freeware one.However, I need to find freeware copies (if any exist) for people who do not own payware versions of these aircraft. I'm working with another individual on a project and we'll need freeware aircraft for pilots to fly.I'm not all that concerned with a Virtual Cockpit... but there at least has to be a 2d cockpit, and the quality of the 2d cockpit has to be decent. Decent meaning passable as a panel from a default FS2002 or FS2004 plane. I found a Navajo at Flight Sim that looked ok until I saw the panel... it looked like something from FS98. That's really all I'm searching for.Naturally I'm not hoping to find freeware planes with payware quality.

Guest Phil51

Hi, evidently the weak point of most of freeware is the cockpit.That's also the case for a few paywares...In my opinion the decents or even outstanding ones , in the cathegory you mention, are those:Howard 500 and Beech 18 from Milton Shupe and its friends.Panel for loockeed constellation.Project BAE for 146 and beech 1900.Also it seems to me that the Russians are masters in this field, PT Tupolev, Samdim and lots of others, but you must cope with the cyrilic, sometimes there are NO english tooltips and NO english manual, but they are outstanding.Also, if you have FSPanel studio you may personalyse other good cockpits, provided you keep your gauges...Of course there are lots of "decent" others, simply because their authors spent a lot of time on them and present them as a gift to the flightsim comunity.