Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

Please help xml hyd failure..

Wozza,I would like to help but the problem is, I can't make the failure to work, at least in my 757. I managed to get hyd press 0, tested by Avar HYD SYS INTEGRITY, which fell to 0; even though I was able to raise/lower the gear many times after the failure was set. And the flight controls were full operable as well.I thought that I could need to change some flag in aircraf.cfg or .air file but found nothing related (like "hyd failure enable=1")Actually, I have many Hyd failures programmed in my 757, but they are all controlled by XML code; that's the reason I neved did a test on FS TOGGLE_HYD_FAILURE before you started this thread.Tom

Hi Thanks I did a heap of reading and searchingThen abourt 10 hrs of trial and error came to the same conclusion,so went back to the drawing boardend resault? animations stay the same changed the gear_system_type= to 0 (electric) and added a gear_motor to the electrical section of the aircraft.cfg which is tied into the alternator buss this gave me a few extra K: and A: vars to play withthe end resault is the following gauges The gear fail gauge(A:GEAR TOTAL PCT EXTENDED,percent) 0.1 < if{ (A:GENERAL ENG1 MASTER ALTERNATOR,number) 1 == if{(>K:TOGGLE_MASTER_ALTERNATOR) } } els{ (A:GENERAL ENG1 MASTER ALTERNATOR,number) 0 == if{ (>L:DUMMY_GEAR) } } There is a problem with the L:DUMMY_GEAR var firing all the time when gear up,still gota work that out :)I linked the gear to the spoilers rather than the tail hookno green message strip and a few bits to play with in the FDE like drag lift and timings (A:GEAR HANDLE POSITION,position) 0 ==if{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 0.1 < if{ (>K:SPOILERS_TOGGLE) } } els{ (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,percent) 90 > if{ (>K:SPOILERS_TOGGLE) } } and finally the gear pump part so the gear only comes down about 90% (A:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION,bool) ! if{ (A:SPOILERS RIGHT POSITION,Percent) 0 > if{(>K:GEAR_PUMP) } }els{ (A:SPOILERS RIGHT POSITION,Percent) 100 < if{(>K:GEAR_PUMP) } }Still a few bugs and limitation but it works to a degreethe amount the gear comes down is related to the spoiler cycle time makes it easier to tweak :) Thanks to all that helped hope this may at least help sombody on what not to do:DThanks AgainWaozza