Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Turbine Lancair Mod Almost Completed......Almost...

Guest Isaac Adler

--INTRO-- My name is Isaac Adler, and I have modified many airplanes using the Name "Isaac Aircraft Inc" my Mods range from my 300HP Christen Eagle II (which sadly had to be taken off due to some mis-understandings) to my afterburner equiped, STOL learjet.--THE PROBLEM-- I recently downloaded a very nice LANCAIR LEGACY 2000. It was very nice, but I've always loved the LANCAIR 4P with a Turbine. So I figured this plane would be sweet with a 750 HP turbine. I just used the AIRCRAFT.CFG file to do the changes. I've had this problem before. I can never change engines. I don't know why. I've re-checked everything over and over, ranging from making sure i'm using jet fuel, and not avgass; to checking the hydrolic pressures, and engine placement. Does anybody have a solution? I can't place the AIRCRAFT.CFG file on here because of copyright limitations 8^( If u will help me, than i can send it to u Via email, and i will categorize you as a Isaac Aircraft Inc. designer to justify the upload...

Guest Mathias

The air file, not the aircraft.cfg determine the basic type of engine. It is the core of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You will have to take a turboprop air file like from the default Cessna Caravan and also the associated aircaft.cfg and edit both concerning all the non-engine paramters to duplicate the orignal Lancair's flight characteristics and ONLY THEN also have the possibility to do something with the turboprop engine parameters. This is NOT a simple operation of just editing a text file. If you give yourself a "business" name already you had better first learn the tricks of the trade before ruining that name before it even becomes well-known...Make sure to download at least Microsoft's AIRCRAFT_CONTAINER_SDK and FSEdit_SDK and see what sense you can make of the content. It is pretty basic sometimes and in other areas way over the head of the average flightsimmer, so do not be discouraged. When you are done with that come back here when you get stuck again.

> I can't place the AIRCRAFT.CFG file on here because of>copyright limitations 8^( >> If u will help me, than i can send it to u Via email, and>i will categorize you as a Isaac Aircraft Inc. designer to>justify the upload...Mathias was being subtle and polite...If you can't "place the AIRCRAFT.CFG file on here because of copyright limitations..."Then you cannot place it ANYWHERE because of those same "copyright limitations."If you want to play around with stuff for your own amusement that is one thing, but to muck around and compromise someone else's work and then attempt to pass it off as "your work" is another matter entirely.That is not only unethical, it is also in violation of civil law.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Isaac Adler

no im making it for myself...and isaac aircraft inc. is just a pretend company

Guest iholrf

>That is not only unethical, it is also in violation of civil>law.Depending on where you live, it can also be criminal. As for pretend companies... to you and others out there... please don't. Company names are highly regulated and require registration. When you register a name you need to do a trademark search to ensure you are not infringing on other peoples rights. Typically, registering a company will cost money. In Canada its abot 500 dollars to register a numbered company, plus another 700-1000 for the searches needed for a named company.Also pretend companies that are portrayed as legitimate companies, who then turn around and do unethical or illigitmate things, gives everybody a bad name in this community. That is why many legit developers are quick to "police" it (and rightly so).That being said, you can certainly make your own configs, paints, panels or other addons for the plane and upload them seperately, as long as all the work is original or properly credited in accordance with existing licenses.Shad