Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

question about using the HUD in low visibility

Guest 19DK

Hi All,Ive been recently learning to use the "Heads up Dispay" packaged with the SkyDecks B737. ITS GREAT however, im finding out that the characters and symbols get distorted a bit when displayed against a grey sky or low visibility. Is this just an unfortunate fact of life with the "HUD"? Would a different display color make a difference?Thanks,Tom

Guest Jos

Hi,The HUD is working well as long as there is contrast with the scenery. Therefore I used the HUD-display of a jet (example: F-16)(with possibility to change the display from dark or normal, to bright and even to ultra bright (by pushing key number 1, 2, 3, ...). You can "easily" use such display on your B737. The difficult part is to set the coordinates so that the HUD is perfect in the middle of your sight.For what the distortion concerns: do not make the HUD too large... but do not fear: there is no much room for placing a HUD.Greetz. Jos

Guest 19DK

Jose,Ive got the hud placed and sized just right for my preference. I made it large enough to read when in the "scud", which is when i intend to use it. Thanks, Tom :-)