Sign in to follow this  
marcom

EPR calculation, A320; for a lay mind

Guest ernestus

As I read in some other threads, the MS EPR-variable is rather useless. Is there a way for a lay mind to get/calculate a correct EPR-value?Thanks a lot for Your help.Servus from ViennaErnestus

Hi,Yes, there's a way. I am just doing it for my own project. To be fair, I've BEEN doing it for the last two months :-)You need good FM tables, a bit of knowledge in using spreadsheets, and LOT of patience! And of course tons of help from the AIR gurus like Ron Freimuth, Ian Kerr and Gregory Abbey, among others.If you want to do it yourself, maybe I or any of these guys could try to help a bit :-)Regards,Tom

Hi,Interested too!Though I choosed for an Eicas combination without EPR reading because of the known problems.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest IanK

Hello,EPR is calibrated badly from parameters in the .air file.Most people are now writing their own gauges using FM data.You can model EPR from EGT(JPT) if you can model EGT from CN2 say or model EPR from CN2. Also MN comes into it.See the attached SSIanhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/127073.zip

Guest ernestus

@ Tom:oops! - Your offer to help is highly appreciated, but I think this is nothing for me. My time-budget is very low, so I don't know if my wind is long enough to get through it. (In my simple lay mind I hoped to get an instant to use answer like "take EPR=3a+4bc". - Sorry!)Thanks a lot!Servus from ViennaErnestus

Ernestus,I'm afraid "...I hoped to get an instant to use answer like "take EPR=3a+4bc..." is not possible in this case :-)Cheers,Tom