Sign in to follow this  
Guest A320 Co-Pilot

XML Driving Me Mad

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I have made a EICAS and have made the bit maps for N1,N2,EGT and OT, Now I want to add Numbers like the default learjet and 747, but have never used text, so after looking thought the 747 EICAS I find the text and try to use it in my EICAS but can not get it to work, I no it is somthing I have done but what I do not know.I know the top half of the XML works as have made the bitmaps in seperate gauges to test they work. Now just need to add text.(A:Turb eng1 n1,percent) X="24" Y="10" Length="4" Font="Arial" Color="#FFFFFF" > %((A:Turb eng1 N1,Percent)abs)%!5.1f!Eng 1 N1

Guest Schulli

> X="24" Y="10" Length="4" Font="Arial" Color="#FFFFFF">> %((A:Turb eng1 N1,Percent)abs)%!5.1f!> >your error was the > after first text-tag!

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Have tried that and still does not work, when check it through Internet Explorer I get this Message.The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/WINDOWS/Desktop/Eng1n1.xml'. Line 21, Position 7 ------^

Hi,May be a space somewhere?This is my working code:%((A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1, percent) abs 0 max 110 min)%!5.1f!Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Used the code you posted and worked a treat, can understand your code better than the code I used first. How now completed my gauges for my EICAS but now have another problem. I want to put them all on one background, as I made them seperately because it was the first time I had attempted these sort of gauges. This is where my problems starts again. Made the background so it is the right size for my panel.Thought I would try putting one gauge on the background and then checking it works, typed it all in and nothing. I get this MessageThe XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/WINDOWS/Desktop/My Troublesome EICAS/EICAS.xml'. Line 5, Position 1 Here is my XML(A:Turb eng1 n1,percent)%((A:Turb eng1 n1,percent) abs 0 max 110 min)%!5.1f!Eng 1 N1Is there a better programme to check the xml other than internet explorer, payware or freeware.Thank in advance to any any on who helps.

Guest Roby

Try this one: A:Turb eng1 n1,percent)%((A:Turb eng1 n1,percent) abs 0 max 110 min)%!5.1f!Eng 1 N1

Guest Schulli

>>Is there a better programme to check the xml other than>internet explorer, payware or freeware.>for programming i use tsWebEditor and super-html. these 2 programs show the xml syntax in different colors, so you can easely see if something is missing.

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

After checking the xml and looking at the one posted I found out what I had done wrong. Have now put the EICAS all into one gauge.When I put the gauge in to my pedestal panel it does not show up, I have to use minus numbers as not all of the gauge needs to be shown, I have noticed this with other gauges, have changed the colour of the background bitmap still does not show up, it appears ok in the main panel. Is this to do with the way I have made the gauge ?

XML gauges will NOT DISPLAY if any part of the gauge's boundary falls outside of the panel area. IOW, you cannot use "negative coordinates" or any coordinates that're larger values than the height and/or width of the visible panel area.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Thanks for that thought it might have someting to do with XML, but was not sure. Not a problem I will make a half the EICAS for the pedestal panel.I would also like the gauge to go blank when the battery switch is off, but on looking thought the 747 EICAS Display the only line I can see to do this is (A:Circuit general panel on, bool) (L:PFD Switch, bool) ! &&, when I tried this my gauge still shows when the battery is turn off. I remember seeing something about making a gauge go blank when you switch off the battery but can not find it. I think it was on here but can not find it so if anyone can remember the post I would be greatful if they could tell me where it is or post it on here if possible.Thanks :-hmmm

Hi,The gauge becomes only "invisible" when you have (L:PFD Switch,bool) switch also!If not, using:(A:Circuit general panel on,bool)will do.Mind, switching the battery off while engines and alternators are running, the electrical circuit will still be on and the gauge visible.If that is not what you want, then use:(A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool)Now the gauge is only visible when the master-switch is on.Hope it helps, Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

I have tried these and still have the same problem I have tried different A:var but to no avail.If I use this, the gauge works ok in Internet Explorer but does not show up in the panel. I change it to (A:Circuit general panel on,bool) and still does not show up. Take the Size X,Y out the gauge shows up but does not turn off.anybody got any idea`s ?(A:electrical master battery on,bool)

Hi,May another order, something like (not tested)(A:ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY,bool)etc...............Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest A320 Co-Pilot

Thanks Jan, After reading your post I moved the to the very bottom before the and worked first time. Have finished gauge and have learned a great deal.I've added a picture of the gauge, the first big gauge I have made.Big Thanks to all who replied to the posts.Cheers :)