Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

thrust reversers

Guest ridgell

Percent thrust reverser nozzles deployedThis is the only mention I can find in the ms sdk about reversers; true enough there is no surer way for me to go brain dead then searching through the sdk. The mention listed is in the parameters section, I am working on a military jet and the Learjet or 747-400 throttle combination reverser won't do. I can not write to the listing above I tried xx (&gt: k;Percent thrust reverser nozzles deployed) and nothing happens. How do I write to the reversers? The project is a Saab Viggen and it has a bear of a reverser setup, and leaving it out of the panel is ignoring one of its main design features. Please help

Hi,Do you mean:(A:TURB ENG REVERSE NOZZLE PERCENT,percent) ?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest ridgell

perhaps?? i have seen the name jan on many posts ( assuming the same jan) and readly bow to your expertise. from the sad to the sublime--I am the worst of programmers, and if that wasn't pitiful enough, I am in Mexico (long term) with a Spanish copy of flight sim. I do not speak/read Spanish, I seem to recall that the F2 key deployed the reversers in my English version back home, since the definitions in the setup where you assign key board associations is so much gibberish (no defamation of the Spanish language-rather my ability to glean information from it) I am hoping that the F2 was a default setting and did not need to be assigned. Using my call or yours TURB ENG REVERSE NOZZLE PERCENT, percent On a test gauge I use, I get no reading from that variable either. the panel is for Kanazori Ito's Viggen, deploying the spoiler also deploys the reverser in his visual model, an unfortunate choice, perhaps he believed that deploying reversers in the air was possible ( perhaps its possible but not survivable) if he actually tied his deployment of the visual reversers to any variable within flight sim I cant say. I can deploy them in his plane with the speed brake. any way---f2 or deploying his brake/reverser does not register anything using %((A:TURB ENG REVERSE NOZZLE PERCENT, percent))%!04.1f! MHz)Can I deploy the reverser and control the extent of that deployment with a standard xx (>:K;REVERSER code here ) call? If so what is the event call? The Viggen auto deploys on landing - so I was hoping to use the call with a sim on ground, bool deployment

Hi,I am not familiar with the Viggen.As far as i know there is no K-event to deploy the reversers except some command for the throttle e.g.:-16000 (>K:THROTTLE1_SET) (16384 --> -16383)Also of course (F2) or an assigned joystick button.The A:Var is better written as: %((A:TURB ENG1 REVERSE NOZZLE PERCENT,percent))%!d!(0-100%)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,You just beat me too it :-)What Jan says is fully correct, and works OK.As an addition (but you probably don't need that for your purpose):The variable (A:THROTTLE LOWER LIMIT,number) gives the value of min_throttle_limit = -0.** defined in the aircraft.cfg file (the max. rev thrust).Which means that all values for (>K:THROTTLE1_SET) less then -0.** * 16384 give the same throttle setting.E.g. if min_throttle_limit = -0.25all values for (>K:THROTTLE1_SET) less then -4096 result in the same thrust setting.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest ridgell

something i can get my teeth in,great stuff ! thanks guys

You can't just slap a K: in front of a READ ONLY variable and expect it to work... ;)Use AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET instead:XXX (>K:AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET)Set throttle 1 exactly (-16383 - +16383)-16383 would be FULL REVERSE...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,As far as I know (and tested) the AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET does NOT allow reverse thrust setting.I.o.w.- -16384 gives Idle thrust- 0 gives 50% thrust- +16384 gives Full thrustUnlike the event THROTTLE1_SET, where 0 gives Idle thrust and negative values give reverse thrust.If AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET behaves differently on your PC: are you using a registered version of FSUIPC WITH Throttle calibration ??Rob

Bill,What Rob said is right. AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET doesn't interprete negative values. I think the reason is this is meaned to exist just to capture throttle from controller's movement (joysticks, pads, yokes, etc), where bottom end should equal 0. BTW, to command throttle power by code I think it's better to use THROTTLE_SET instead, since you're saving one step; and this reasoning may be extended to all kind of AXIS_ events as well.Tom

Guest ridgell

for all those beginners who troll for completed gauges;well this is what i came up with: works ok, would be neat if i could replicate reverse as a bucket extensiion and not a throttle setting, i could modulate the power of the reverse with forward throttle. some1 smart could probably do it, but im just glad to have gotten this far--- thans again!(L:reverse,bool)(L:reverse,bool) ! (>L:reverse,bool) (A:Sim On Ground, bool) (L:reverse,bool) ; && if{ -16383 (>K:THROTTLE1_SET) } (A:Sim On Ground, bool) (L:reverse,enum) 0 == ; && if{ 0 (>K:THROTTLE1_CUT) }the & is & twice

>would be neat if i could replicate reverse as a bucket extensiion >and not a throttle settingActually you could. Using the PgDn key of you keyboard, if properly mapped (by default is), will give incremental reverse thrust when throttle position becomes negative. PgUp will do the opossite up to 0 position. Or you may shortcut to 0 using F1.Tom