Sign in to follow this  
Guest iagman

What's wrong?

Guest iagman

Is not the L:LAT1 variable being assigned the contents of the A:PLANE LATITUDE variable? I only get a zero to print. What's wrong with my code? For LAT1 I've tried radians, number, degrees latitude with no success for any. (A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees latitude) (>L:LAT1, radians)%((L:LAT1, radians))%!s!All help appreciated,Glenn

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Is not the L:LAT1 variable being assigned the contents of the>A:PLANE LATITUDE variable? I only get a zero to print. What's>wrong with my code? For LAT1 I've tried radians, number,>degrees latitude with no success for any.>> >>(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees latitude) (>L:LAT1,>radians)>>Color="White" BackgroundColor="Black" >Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center"> >%((L:LAT1, radians))%!s!>>>All help appreciated,>Glenn Try changing "(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees latitude)" to "(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees)". I think you can set ",number" in the L:Variables. Or, leave ',degrees' if you need ',radians' later. Ron

As Ron pointed out, "degrees latitude" is not correct. There is a file in the SDK that specifies the available "units" for variables. You cannot simply make up your own... ;)My question is, what is your intention for assigning the A:var to an L:var to begin with? Are you planning to use it for some as yet to be determined calculation?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest iagman

The SDK units .doc shows degree latitude as well as degree longitude. But it also has just degree which I'll try.I want to capture a lat1/lon1, store these values, then, after a delay of perhaps a few seconds or so, capture lat2/lon2. Using these, I want to calc. the course between the two sets of coordinates.Glenn

Guest iagman

Degree does not work either.In the code below, the "Print A variable" section does print out latitude (47.936) when tested in FS. But the "Print L variable" section still outputs only a zero. I do not understand why in the second section that the A variable is not being assigned to the L variable. As I said, I've tried every unit available for latitude and a few that weren't. They all produce the same result.A:Lat%((A:PLANE LATITUDE, degree latitude))%!s!Lat1(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degree latitude) (>L:LAT1, degree latitude)%((L:Lat1, degree latitude))%!s!

Hi,You might try this:Make (A:PLANE LATITUDE, radians) (>L:Lat1, radians)Then use %((L:Lat1,degrees))%!3.5f!LVars can't accept string values, so I am not sure if format operator "!s! will make the convertion.This may be a problem of unit compatibility. Tom

Hi,Not exactly knowing what you want.If you only need to show Lat and Lon you can use:%((A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees) d 0 >= )%{if}%N%{else}%S%{end}%( abs d flr )%!02d!

Guest iagman

"This may be a problem of unit compatibility."I have tried the code below to get around your suggestion.(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degree) (>G:Var1)Even the G Variable contains a zero.There is something I'm missing here when I try to store the A:PLANE LATITUDE variable into either an L variable or a G variable. Neither seems to accept any value regardless of what unit I use for the A variable or what unit I use inside the String print function. Glenn

Iagman,It is not "degree", it's "degrees" :-)Besides, I just tested these variations and ALL work perfect:(A:Plane Latitude, degree latitude) (>L:Lat1, degree latitude)%((L:Lat1, degree latitude))%!s! (A:Plane Latitude, degrees) (>L:Lat1, degrees)%((L:Lat1, degrees))%!3.4f!(A:Plane Latitude, radians) (>L:Lat1, radians)%((L:Lat1, degrees))%!3.4f!(A:Plane Latitude, radians) (>L:Lat1, radians)%((L:Lat1, radians))%!3.4f!Tom

Hi,Just an idea.May be you can use s0 and after a few seconds s1 etc. to store the planes positions.Then using the great circle formula you can calculate the course.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest iagman

The SDK Units I D/L from MS says degree (singular). The list is below.Angle

>I'll try plural and see what happens. How did you know to use>degrees?>GlennIt isn't the first time that the SDK's have contained errors...Looking at the example gauges that were provided with the sim are great resources for seeing what actually does work... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest iagman

There must be something wrong other than code. If you get the code to work and I can't then there is some other problem. The code below works fine and String prints the latitude as 47.936 in my test gauge.(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees) (>L:LAT1, degrees)%((A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees))%!s!The next code below is identical to the above except for the String to be printed. Using this code, I can only get a zero to print. For some unknown reason the L:LAT1 variable will not accept the value from the A:PLANE LATITUDE variable.(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees) (>L:LAT1, degrees)%((L:LAT1, degrees))%!s!I do not think it is a "units" problem I've tried all combinations of radian, radians, degree, degrees, degree latitude, degrees latitude, number, etc and none of these allow the L-variable to print anything other than 0.As posted previously, I've tried this:(A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees) (>G:Var1). Printing out the G variable also produces a zero. Glenn

>How did you know to use degrees?I use units.txt as a reference. It's a text file extracted from Arne Bartel's XMLGAU01.ZIP (available on Avsim File Library).Tom

Guest Ron Freimuth

>There must be something wrong other than code. If you get the>code to work and I can't then there is some other problem. >>The code below works fine and String prints the latitude as>47.936 in my test gauge.>Color="White" BackgroundColor="Black" >Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">>%((A:PLANE LATITUDE, degrees))%!s!>......>The next code below is identical to the above except for the>String to be printed. Using this code, I can only get a zero>Color="White" BackgroundColor="Black" >Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">>%((L:LAT1, degrees))%!s!...>I do not think it is a "units" problem I've tried all>combinations of radian, radians, degree, degrees, degree>latitude, degrees latitude, number, etc and none of these>allow the L-variable to print anything other than 0.>>Glenn Why are you using the "%!s!" format? Even though you show it for the working and non-working example, most other's used something like "%!5.2f%" to display a numerical value.Ron