Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

can i decrease fuel with xml ?

Guest ridgell

i would like to know if/how to decrease fuel with an xml gauge.i am tring to simulate burner augmentation. the aircraft does not use the fs9 burner rather a % rpm setting. the flow rate with burners is not nearly high enough. hoping i do not have to go to the air file which is pretty much a mystery to me. but if thats the only option i can use airupdate i found; Record: 1505 Turbine CN2 vs fuel flowcan i add points?

>i would like to know if/how to decrease fuel with an xml>gauge.>>i am tring to simulate burner augmentation. the aircraft does>not use the fs9 burner rather a % rpm setting. the flow rate>with burners is not nearly high enough. hoping i do not have>to go to the air file which is pretty much a mystery to me.>but if thats the only option i can use airupdate i found; >Record: 1505 Turbine CN2 vs fuel flow>can i add points?>>There are a couple of "fuel dump" gauges available that you might look at.I'm quite certain that you could use one as a basis for creatinga customized "fuel burn rate" gauge. Look for Doug Dawsons dsd_fuel_dump.zip, which is used on Ken Mitchells A320 panel, ab320km_panel.zip, and is controlled by some XML code and config/ini files. I've incorporated the above fuel dump structure with custom bit maps and ini files for my own use in serveral panels in my inventory. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi,I second that!They 're working great, but you will need a custom one.Just write Doug.FSUIPC sometimes gives problems (unaccr. version)(together with ILH-TCAS)No solution for that.Doug?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest ridgell

im starting to loose track of the times doug has come to the rescue.i looked at his dump gauge, but i need something tied to the >95% throttle. i looked at cpt.sims 104 ( a careflly thoughtout air file - i mean its payware-their careful right?) and saw he used 10 points of referance in;Record: 1505 Turbine CN2 vs fuel flowin the air file. thats the same number of points i see in all the airfiles i've seen and it leads me to belive that 10 ponts is all you can use. all i have seen end at 0.686860 which means my 95% is out of reach. i would guess that fs9 computes the progression like in an xml rotate command. that means if i up the last settings it will hammer the fuel for the last 31% i was hopeing to hammer the last 5% and have it dramatically different then the highest non-augmented settting of 94.9%.how dramatic? the plane has a range of 900 miles at 85% throttle, but with burners lit it can empty the fuel tanks in 9 minutes.

>im starting to loose track of the times doug has come to the>rescue.>>i looked at his dump gauge, but i need something tied to the>>95% throttle. -SNIP-> Look at the panel I mentioned above. You will find some XML fuel dump code in the gauge cab file Z_AB320KM.cab under the name FUEL_DUMP.xml That XML code toggles a local variable, L:FUEL_DUMP, as well as triggering a sound file to be played. The variable L:FUEL_DUMP is tested by Doug's dsd_fuel_dump.gau and will cause that gauge to dump fuel at a rate specified in a file called ab320km_fuel_dump.ini ( This file could be named anything you wish ) The INI file to use is specified in the panel.cfg for the aircraft. Here is a sample from an A32 panel. Gauge51 names the ini file that with detail which tanks to dump and at what rate and at what level to stop. Gauge52 specifies what sound file to call when triggered by the XML gauge. gauge51=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, 89,542,20,20,.Gaugesab320km_fuel_dump.ini gauge52=dsd_xml_sound2!dsd_xml_sound2, 109,542,20,20,.Gaugesab320km_sound.ini gauge27=Z_AB320KM!FUEL_DUMP, 1310,257,44,36 Gauge27 is the XML gauge in the CAB file that I mentioned above. To do what you wish to do, simply write some XML code to set L:FUEL_DUMP = 1 when you are in burner and to 0 when not. This would replace the gauge27 call above: gauge27=Your_Cab!your_burner_fuel_burn_code, 0,0,1,1 Adjust the dump rate in the ini file to match the fuel burn rate in burner ( minus the actual fuel burn rate at that throttle setting ) and you should have a gauge that does what you wish. You could also use a different local variable name, if you wish, by changing the FUEL_DUMP name in the ini file under the heading [LVars]. Here's an excerpt from the INI file ( only first 4 tanks shown )[Tanks]TankMainRight=1TankMainLeft=1 // specifies which tanks to dumpTankAuxRight=1 // 1 = enableTankAuxLeft=1 // 0 = disable..[Minimums]PoundsFlag=1TankMainRight=2000 // how much fuel to leave ( stop dumping )TankMainLeft=2000TankAuxRight=0TankAuxLeft=0..[LVars]TankMainRight=FUEL_DUMP // the name of the variable that TankMainLeft=FUEL_DUMP // triggers the actionTankAuxRight=FUEL_DUMPTankAuxLeft=FUEL_DUMP..[Rates]TankMainRight=100.0 // the rate at which to dump fuelTankMainLeft=100.0 // from each tankTankAuxRight=100.0TankAuxLeft=100.0 This may seem complex but it's really quite straight forward, thanks to Doug Dawson's gauge architecture. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest ridgell

wow!ok paul thanks, have the panel and looked at the ini. ( never messed with an ini before). ill give it a shot. little over my head here but may be i can stay afloat, ueing your instructions."TankMainRight=100.0 // the rate at which to dump fuel"100.0 what? what type of unit is this? is this the amount that it dumps each pass of the gauge?guess the place to start is write my own fuel dump xml and just use the ini. as is ? run a test

"100.0 what?"Percent of tank capacity to dump per minute. 100 might be a little high...Doug

>"100.0 what?">>Percent of tank capacity to dump per minute. 100 might be a>little high...>>Doug hehehe...thanks for the input, Doug. I just cut/pasted a section from an existing INI file to show him where to look for items to tweak. I guess I should have added notes as to which items, but my post was already a bit "wordy" :) BTW, thanks for ALL the helpfull/usefull gauges that you have created! Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest ridgell

hmmm, then i have some more tweeking to do. cause im not getting that great a fule dump rate. brevity is only useful when all parties know what you mean. there is no such thing as 'wordy' here. programs are specific, fuzzy answers = fuzzy results.i am willing to bet im not the only one who copys and pastes to my fs9 xml bible evry jewel of wisdom you guys dole out.and i second and thrid the shout out to doug! i read any post with his name on it.

Guest ridgell

well im stuck. i cant get the dump to work.( the one from the a320 panel)i downloaded the dsd fuel dump gauge here at avsim, (it had no transperant version) and it does dump. so that leaves the ini, something with the Lvar, or the way i have it in my panel cfg.the relevent stuff im trying to usepanel cfg; gauge43=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, 89,542,20,20,.Gaugesviggen_fuel_dump.inifuel_dump.ini;[Tanks]TankMainRight=1TankMainLeft=1TankAuxRight=1TankAuxLeft=1[Minimums]PoundsFlag=0TankMainRight=0TankMainLeft=0TankAuxRight=0TankAuxLeft=0[LVars]TankMainRight=FUEL_DUMPTankMainLeft=FUEL_DUMPTankAuxRight=FUEL_DUMPTankAuxLeft=FUEL_DUMP[Rates]TankMainRight=30.0TankMainLeft=30.0TankAuxRight=30.0TankAuxLeft=30.0; toggel Lvar with burners (A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum)i also tried useing the ab320km_fuel_dump.ini and gauge43=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, 89,542,20,20,.Gaugesab320km_fuel_dump.inifrom the a320 panel, and got the same lack of results.i tried the copy and paste from the a320 1st, then paired it down when that did not work, i do not have as many tanks as the a320 and wanted to rule that out as the problem. i only have left,right,Laux,Raux tanks .i also removed the minimums because im useing it as a burner.i made a test gauge to show fuel in all tanks and to see L:FUEL_DUMP, enum, its toggeling, i dont get what im missing. do i need the gauge50=dsd_xml_config!config, 69,542,20,20,.Gaugesab320km_config.ini ??

Hi,Not tested, but maybe this works better:(A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) if{ 1 (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) } els{ 0 (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) } Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest ridgell

nope, does not work either. (Lvar works but no dumping happens)the Lvar is toggeling with burner, it worked as (A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) or(A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) if{ 1 (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) } els{...i just opted for the shorter version.since the bool is going to return a 1 or 0 i just stuffed that value.the dump gauge and the ini are together in the main gauge folder, and unless L:FUEL_DUMP, enum is somehow wrong, its the ini or;gauge43=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, 89,542,20,20,.Gaugesviggen_fuel_dump.inigauge line in the panel cfg.still stumpedthe dump is easy to see, the aux tanks burn 1st, so only the dump gauge gives depletion from main tanks. the regular dump gauge shows fuel leaving all tanks.

>nope, does not work either. (Lvar works but no dumping>happens) I assume you have a test gauge that is displaying the L:FUEL_DUMP state....>the dump gauge and the ini are together in the main gauge>folder, and unless L:FUEL_DUMP, enum is somehow wrong, its the>ini or; I'd double check little things like the gauge numbering... I've inadvertantly duplicated a gauge number in the past and wound up with a non-functioning gauge... Are both the dump-triggering XML gauge and the INI specification in the main window?>>gauge43=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, >89,542,20,20,.Gaugesviggen_fuel_dump.ini>>gauge line in the panel cfg.>>still stumped> Have you double checked the format of the INI file? Make sure you have the headers correct:[LVars]TankMainRight=FUEL_DUMPTankMainLeft=FUEL_DUMPTankAuxRight=FUEL_DUMPTankAuxLeft=FUEL_DUMPYou might also try duplicating the entire A320 INI and settingthe unused tanks to 0 or no value for the LVars section.Perhaps the fuel dump gauge needs data for all the fields evenif some tanks are not used.From what I see posted here, it seems like it should work fine. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest ridgell

oh yes. i actually tried the A320 ini first. then deleted non relevent ( to my plane) lines and renamed it.i checked the numbers in the panel cfg. and had the test gauge after the dump gauge #44. it shows me the Lvar and percent in each of the 4 tanks. the aux tanks start thier normal burn off right away. when they burn dry the main tanks start burning. when i used the non transpart version ( downloaded here/not from the a320 panel) all tanks start dumping simultaniously as advertised. was hoping you might spot some typo or something... guess ill try useing the a320 panel in my plane and check its behavior with the test gauge but its a low confidence mission. have you seen 1st hand that the gauge works. ill keep plowing, but i could use some encouragement that its not dead dirt.

Hi,I use the transparant version without problems.This is the ini:{Minimums}PoundsFlag = 1TankCenter=1200{LVars}TankCenter =fuel jettison{Rates}TankCenter=5{}are brackets!This is in the panel.cfg:gauge36=overheadfueldump!fuel_dump_transparent, 200, 200, 10, 10, ./Aircraft/Boeing 767-300ER/panel/overhead/fueldump.iniThis is in the click:(L:fuel jettison,number) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:fuel jettison,number) } els{ 0 (>L:fuel jettison,number) } Of course the dir. and L:Var are different because of my panel.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"