Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

can i decrease fuel with xml ?

>nope, does not work either. (Lvar works but no dumping>happens)>the Lvar is toggeling with burner, it worked as >(A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) >or>(A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) if{ 1 (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) }>els{...>i just opted for the shorter version.-SNIP->>still stumped>I was just testing your short version code above on an F15in my inventory. I used Shift-F4 to toggle the afterburner.I added a test gauge to light up when L:FUEL_DUMP was true.Initially, I wasn't getting any fuel dump although I got the"true" indication for the L variable.I then checked the version of dsd_fuel_dump.gau that I was usingin that particular instance of FS9 ( I have 4 installs on my system ).It was dated 2003, whereas the version that I have in my otherinstalls was dated 2004. I copied the 2004 version into the gaugefolder of the instance that I was testing with and the fuel dumpbegan to work. As soon as I hit shift-F4 the fuel burn rate increaseddramatically.Also, I was using a renamed copy of ab320KM_fuel_dump.iniwith the approriate tanks set to 0 or 1, FUEL_DUMP or nothingand entries for rate and remaining for all tanks.So, insure that you are using the current version f Dougs gaugeand that the INI file is complete. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>-SNIP->have you seen 1st hand that the gauge>works. ill keep plowing, but i could use some encouragement>that its not dead dirt.>> Definately....I have used the gauge in serveral of my aircraft, creating custom bit maps for the switch and renaming the INI file appropriately. Here's the panel.cfg entries I used to successfully implement this on an F-15J:gauge100=XML Rework!Burner_Test, 0, 0,gauge101=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, 89,542,20,20,.GaugesF15J_fuel_dump.inigauge102=XMLGauges!Test-1, 0,0,36,45The Burner_Test gauge is your code: (A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER,bool) (>L:FUEL_DUMP, enum) The INI is simply the ab320KM_fuel_dump.ini copied, renamed andvalues chaged where needed but I did not delete any entries fromthe INI file.How are you verifying the L:FUEL_DUMP state?I found that the afterburner gauge code in the F-15 panel was not activating the A:TURB ENG1 AFTERBURNER variable.I had to use shift-F4 to light it off. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest ridgell

i have no way of knowing what version of the gauge i have. i took it from the A320 panel download. i would be interested in where a new version can be found. i downloaded a version here that did not contain the transparent version, it works but i can not use it for my burner because it has no Lvar.

I have attached the most recent version of the gauge. Not much different than the version in Mitch's panel. The archive also include's the readme.txt file...You might try toggling the variable L:dsd_fuel_dump_control. This is the default control variable. If the gauge is not connecting to your .ini file properly, then this variable will trigger fuel dump in each tank.In post #9 in this thread, you quoted the panel.cfg entry asgauge43=dsd_fuel_dump!fuel_dump_transparent, 89,542,20,20,.Gaugesviggen_fuel_dump.iniand on the next line you referred to the config file asfuel_dump.iniI presume that this is just a typo, but will offer the caution that the entry on the panel.cfg line has to exactly match the name and location of the actual file.In the FS Modules folder, you will find a file called FSUIPC.log. You can check this file to ensure that the gauge is properly authenticating with FSUIPC. Given that the original version of the gauge works OK, this shouldn't be a problem, but it is worth a look.Doug

Just to clarify, you don't have to specify rates and L:vars for all tanks. Any that you don't specify will use the defaults - rate of 10% and control variable L:dsd_fuel_dump_control.I have attached the latest version of the gauge to my previous post in this thread.Doug

Guest ridgell

case closed...dont know weather to laugh,cry, or apologize. re-read everything, from the begining post. tried every variation suggested, then re-read "In the FS Modules folder, you will find a file called FSUIPC.log" now i bought it to use marciano's radar long ago. looked at the log, didn't know what i was looking for, recalled a post long ago saying if someting seems amiss with fsuipc delete the log and it will create a new one. i tried that and it looked the same, so i rechecked the non transparnt version. now it would not work. i feared that redoing fsuipc would make me have to repurchase it. but i installed 3.5....badda boom i can dump fuel, i know 100 different ways to Lvar this thing, can wrtie a panel config line for it in my sleep! recite the ini from memory, we all got to chat! Doug WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, need to change "Requirements: FSUIPC version 3.x is required." tosomething newer then Version 3.129 cause that version was not getting it done. i was about to re-enroll in panel special ed. cause i never re-wrote so much code ever.bye the bye...for the clueless like myself, you can download and drop in a new version of fsuipc.dll and it works, no hassle and it came up as registerd

>case closed...dont know weather to laugh,cry, or apologize. -SNIP-> but i installed 3.5....badda boom i can dump fuel, i know>100 different ways to Lvar this thing, can wrtie a panel>config line for it in my sleep! recite the ini from memory, we>all got to chat! > Hehehe...seems we all overlooked what may not have been obvious but should have come to mind here :) Tunnel vison at work it seems. Glad you got things working and gained some "experience" in the process. Paul

Wide-5.jpg