Sign in to follow this  
scott967

B-2 crash cause determined (plus vid)

The B-2 crash at Guam earlier this year was determined to be due to moisture in an (I'm guessing) air data computer sensor, which caused the aircraft to rotate early (apparently all this is under computer control) and subsequently to pitch up to approx 35 degrees, resulting in a stall and crash. Both pilots ejected safely. Video is here (just released):http://www.break.com/index/b2-stealth-bomber-crashes.htmlscott s..

>btwhat does "bt" mean? Big Timer in the hood?RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.16 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest j-mo

>what does "bt" mean? Big Timer in the hood?Huh?

Guest Bob I

Hi,Mother Nature strikes again.... Having done a tour of duty at Anderson AFB, in Guam, I suspect that Guamanian #### Floater passed through, and no body did a pitot/static system check for water. CADC port covers are a must when parked in that part of the world. Oh well...Regards,Layabout