Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Hide a mouse rect?

Guest mgipson

Hi all.Is it possible to hide a mouse rect in C?I have a gauge where I only want a mouse rect if a certain part of the gauge is active. Is there something like HIDE_IMAGE for mouse rects? I know I can just ignore the mouse click but I want to stop the mouse cursor changing to an up or down arrow as well.Thanks,Mark

There's no explicit way to "hide" a mouse rect that I'm aware of...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Don't know in C, but XML supports conditional for mouse areas. When (False), the cursor shows its normal state (ie no hand/arrow)Tom

Guest mgipson

That's exactly what I need, but in C.

Guest harry3

Well what Tom said just means that the cursor is the normal arrow, but no hand or Up/Down arrow.What you mean is that the mouse cursor completly disappears, but I'm not aware of any way to do this.(neither c nor xml)Regards,Harry

Guest mgipson

I want want Tom said. I want to be able to set a mouse rect so the mouse cursor does not change into a up or down cursor at runtime.

If it does exist an equivalence in C for the tag inside an , (does it??) shouldn't be any similar for tags??Tom

Well, if you define your mouse function thus: BOOL FSAPI mouse_click( PPIXPOINT relative_point, FLAGS32 mouse_flags)then placing this line in said mouse function will turn the cursor off: ((PMOUSECALLBACK)relative_point)->mouse->cursor = CURSOR_NONE;If you can figure out a way of calling the mouse function without clicking on the gauge, then this line will turn your cursor back on: ((PMOUSECALLBACK)relative_point)->mouse->cursor = CURSOR_HAND;gauges.h indicates that although the first argument in the function is described as being of type PPIXPOINT, it is actually type PMOUSECALLBACK, which is why these lines work.If you can figure out a way of accessing the mouse callback from outside the mouse function, you're home free.Doug