Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

N1 GAUGE help

Guest ridgell

want to do a dual dial rpm. i can cut the (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1,percent) to get my big dial. but what trickery is used to isolate the ones place for the small dial.

Hi Ridgell,Could you enhance the idea? I don't know about dual dials...BTW, if this gauge will show N1 rpm as percentage, you should use(A:TURB ENG(n) N1,percent) instead of the "CORRECTED" version.Tom

Guest ridgell

sure tom,lose the corrected.its like the second hand on a watch the larger dial describes 100% as 1-10, and the smaller the ones place. 53% would show 5 on the large dial and 3 on the smaller one.there are many such rpm gauges around. but i have not found one in xml, and i do not understand 'c'. i cant just rework the bitmaps of a 'c' gauge because the gauge i am making is swedish, they have their own conventions, dials spin counter clockwise, from bottom to top, etc. so for the sake of accuracy i have to make my own. im a monkey see monkey do programer, and am hoping there is some bit manipulation or math trick that can turn 53% into a 3 ( droping the tens place) for the smaller dial. i can get there by (A:TURB ENG1 N1,percent) 90> if{..subtract 90} 80> if{subtract 80} etc but surly there is a more elegant and shorter solution.

There are 2 ways to get the "ones" you're describing. Most likely you would use the first example as it is for a dial. The second example is more for rolling digits with a "snap".1-- (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1,percent) 10 %2-- (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1,percent) 100000 + 100 * d 1 % r flr 1000 % d 100 / flr r 100 % 99 == if{ + }Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Ridgell,Now I understand :-)For the 10th units (10-20-30-etc) use(A:TURB ENG1 N1,percent) 10 / intFor the units, use:(A:TURB ENG1 N1,percent) int 10 % Tom