Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

ghost in the machine? (A:ATTITUDE CAGE, bool)

Guest ridgell

(A:ATTITUDE CAGE, bool)simplest of codes right? while on the ground the animation works fine, but when the gears come up the animated button goes to the off, position. the att gauge stays caged, i have a test gauge returning a '1' value for A:ATTITUDE CAGE, bool. i played with the frequency doest change anything. how odd. gets stranger, i can actuate the cage button on and off in flight, but the animation only works on the ground.

Guest ridgell

hmmm,changed the program to include the case=0and removed the button from the panel bitmap.its not the gear up, its a turn.can an otherwise transparent corner of the compass cover another gauge as the compass rotates? when i turn the whole animation disappears. both cage on and cage off animation. the hot spot for actuation is still there but the bitmaps are adios. the gauge is the last in the panel config so it should prioritize on top...that is how it is supposed to work right? programing is about to reinstate a long ago lost belief in boogy men.

Guest iholrf

heheh, its funny, as I was reading your first post I thought to myself, it sounds like a gauge draw conflict. Then you went on and pretty much answered your own question.Yes a large transparent section of one gauge that overlaps another gauge can and will cause the other gauge to appear frozen and/or dissappear. I have had to fight with that problem more than once.One way to fix the problem is to change the draw order cum ca:draw_orderxx=gaugeyy,gaugezzwhere "zz" equals the increment number (start at 00 like a normal gauge), where "yy" equals the gauge that is doing the hiding and "zz" the gauge that is being hiden ;).EG: draw_order00=gauge50,gauge25In this case, gauge fifty, which is drawn after 25 by default, has a transparent section that covers part of gauge 25. By adding this line, it now draws 50 first then 25... no more hidden/frozenI also now ensure I have space for a bit of overlap in my panel. I hide blank spots by adding detail.There are other possible solutions, but give that a try and see what happens.CheersShad

Guest ridgell

yep, i appriciate the help, but im up to my eyeballs with XML, 'c' is swahili to me. i fixed it by putting the gauges in there own window. i was already useing a series of windows as overlays, my poor panel has as many windows as microsoft.

>yep, i appriciate the help, but im up to my eyeballs with>XML, 'c' is swahili to me. i fixed it by putting the gauges in>there own window. i was already useing a series of windows as>overlays, my poor panel has as many windows as microsoft. What "C"??? Shad was simply pointing out that all you needed to "fix" your problem was add one LINE to your panel.cfg file! ;)Just below the gauge entries for {WindowXX}, add the line:draw_order00=gauge04, gauge17, gauge05, gauge06, gauge28,substituting your own gaugeXX numbers of course!I used this quite a bit back when I was using a lot of XML gauges... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest iholrf

I did screw up though. I wrote ZZ twice... it should have been xx the first time. :)I should have also mentioned where to put the line, as you were kind enough to do Bill. Merci.Edit - Which reminds me that I had been working in French all day and switching back to English to write that reply was hard. I noticed a colloquialism crept in that might have confused things a bit. :) It can be rather tough not to sound like a total quad sometimes.CheersShad

Guest iholrf

Hmm, days later and not even a "Gee thanks for the fix guys"...*shrug*Oh well.Shad

Guest ridgell

you are so right....my bad.gee thanks for the fix guys!programing for me is like swimming in a lake full of gators, thanks for killing the one that bit me in the arse, but there always seems to be another coming at me, i apriciate the help for sure but WHERE IS THE SHORELINE? you know?

Guest iholrf

heheh,I have found it to be just about six inches from my fingers. I have yet to actually reach it :)CheersShad