Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

dsd_window_status can i use it to see MINIPANEL...

Guest ridgell

gauge0=Gaugesdsd_window_status!window_0, 1,1,2,2,MINIPANELident=MINIPANELThe gauge works like a Pip when the parameter in the panel cfg is a number but it doesn't see MINIPANEL. if this is a brickwall, is there some way to assign a number to the minipanel (numerical ident), and it still be accessable with the default 'w' key?

Try using an ident value of 100. I think that is the value for the mini panel...Doug

Guest ridgell

dang, 100 does not work. and the minipanel is stuck in the forward [VIEWS] in panel cfg. if it was a side or 'fixed' view i could slave another window to it and use that one...but alas BRICK!really thought a choice of hud brightness would be neat in the minpanel. thxs anyway Doug, the gauge is great, but i got greedy.

>gauge0=Gaugesdsd_window_status!window_0, 1,1,2,2,MINIPANEL>>ident=MINIPANEL>>>The gauge works like a Pip when the parameter in the panel cfg>is a number but it doesn't see MINIPANEL. >if this is a brickwall, is there some way to assign a number>to the minipanel (numerical ident), and it still be accessable>with the default 'w' key?Here is a complete list of "Named Panel IDs" with their numeric equivalents:// Panel identifiers#define IDENT_MAIN_PANEL 0#define IDENT_THROTTLE_PANEL 10#define IDENT_RADIO_STACK_PANEL 50#define IDENT_COMPASS_PANEL 75#define IDENT_MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL 100#define IDENT_ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL 125#define IDENT_ANNUNCIATOR2_PANEL 150#define IDENT_IFR_MAIN_PANEL 175#define IDENT_COLLECTIVE_PANEL 200#define IDENT_GPS_PANEL 225#define IDENT_OVERHEAD_PANEL 250#define IDENT_USER 10000#define IDENT_USER_MAX 19999#define IDENT_AIRCRAFT_HUD_3D_PANEL 20000#define IDENT_HELICOPTER_HUD_3D_PANEL 20001#define IDENT_CONTROLS_HUD_3D_PANEL 20002#define IDENT_TEXT_HUD_3D_PANEL 20003#define IDENT_DAMAGE_HUD_3D_PANEL 20004#define IDENT_SCORE_HUD_3D_PANEL 20005#define IDENT_LSO_WINDOW 22000#define IDENT_INVALID 4294967295

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ridgell

how do i use it Bill ?the #define looks like something from the 'c' gauge sdk.i only know xml.and it does not look at all like the panel cfg.i changed the mini panel ident in the panel cfg from Ident=MINIPANEL to Ident=100 and it lost the ability to be called with the 'w' key which is the default to bring up the minipanel.

The list Bill supplied is just the complete set of "named" panel ident numbers. Apparently, "IDENT_MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL" is not the same as "MINIPANEL." I thought it might be, which is why I suggested using the value of 100.If you added Arne's setview gauge to the minipanel, you might get the result you needed.Doug

Guest ridgell

i will look for arne's gauge, if you know where i can get it, you might throw up a link. i remember reading a post with it, but i had your gauge and did not think to download it.

>how do i use it Bill ?>>the #define looks like something from the 'c' gauge sdk.>i only know xml.>and it does not look at all like the panel cfg.>>i changed the mini panel ident in the panel cfg from>Ident=MINIPANEL to Ident=100 and it lost the ability to be>called with the 'w' key which is the default to bring up the>minipanel.As Doug said, it is in fact the definition cross-reference from the gauges.h file.All it means is that they are "giving a name to a number" so that instead of using a number in the panel.cfg file you can use a name...I just substituted "100" for "MINIPANEL" in one of my panel.cfg files and it still works just fine!//--------------------------------------------------------[Window06]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=664,113window_size_ratio=0.732 position=7visible=1ident=100 //was: MINIPANELchild_3d=1 //don't forget this entry!gauge00=Socata_TB!Airspeed, 0,6,100,100gauge01=Mooney_Bravo!Turn Coordinator, 105,6,100,100gauge02=Socata_TB!TB20_Attitude, 210,0,118,113gauge03=Socata_TB!TB20_HSI, 333,0,118,112gauge04=Socata_TB!TB20_Altimeter, 456,5,102,101gauge05=Mooney_Bravo!Vertical Speed, 563,6,101,101OTOH, if your intent is merely to specify a window ident in a "is this panel open" type gauge, you can simply use "100" for the number, and not bother changing the panel.cfg file. FS9 will make the comparison correctly in either case...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ridgell

I can not get your results.if the ident of the minipanel is anything other the MINIPANEL it does not react to the "w" key being pressed. ( default minipanel call) if i leave the ident as MINIPANEL the window status bool for 100 is "0" child_3d=1 is there, i even re-arranged the windows to put the minipanel in window6 like your example. i tried defineing forward views as 100 while leaving the ident as MINIPANEL and puting the ident as 100 and useing MINIPANEL in the forward views. if visable=1 with the ident as 100 the minipanel is layed accross the top of the mainpanel. from my perspective the MINIPANEL AND IDENT 100 are not connected in the mind of fs9. PERHAPS IM MISSING SOMETHING?

Guest ridgell

i found arne's sendview gauge.read the posts about it, now residing on page3.its kind of like jack sprat's wife to dougs dsd window gauge.do not have the luxury of instructions like i do with doug's so i have only tested it as is, 1 look at window 00, thinking initially that it looked at what the panel cfg would call a window as opposed to doug's which reads ident number. i could not get a result bool of 1 by changing the window00 to window06 but as window00 it seems to tell you if the window that the gauge is placed in is open. if i put the gauge in the minipanel window then it returns 1 when that window is open. if i move it to the main panel it returns a 1 when that window is open. is that the way it is intended to be used?in the posts on page 3 jan said something about frame rate hits and this gauge constantly fireing... is that a concern? i do not want to release a panel that you need a 4 gig processor and a $300 video card to use.

The sendview gauge does not have a constant event problem - I think Jan's reference was to the panel in question. You can use my event logger gauge (in the Avsim library) or simply turn on the logging functions in FSUIPC to check if your panel is constantly firing FS events.Your description of Arne's gauge is correct. It returns 1 when the window containing it is opened and 0 when the window is closed. Keep in mind that what you are specifying as a parameter is the XML L:variable that will contain the result, not the window number.Doug

Guest ridgell

thank you doug.your dsd window gauge is by now deeply imbedded in my codeing. i only need this one to see the minipanel.

Guest iholrf

This has nothign to do with this thread in any way other than the fact that when I see the title I start to laugh because it reminds me of an eccentric friends invention.I walk into his appartment one day back in college, and I see him sitting on the floor dissassembling a fish tank aerator surrounded by tubes, copper pipes and buckets of water. "What in God's name are you doing" I ask?"I am making an electric DSD," he replies."A what now?" I ask, completely confused."A DSD.. DSD... you know... dope smoking device... water cooled..."Ahhh" I said.By the time he was finished, he had the most bizzar looking contraption for smoking pot I had ever seen. I am dubios as to whether it worked as advertised, but it was fascinating to watch him make it. (PS Pot in Canada is virtually legal now... the laws regard use are not enforced except for trafficing, and is in the process of being decriminalized - we are moving slowly on it because our southern neighbors in the US of A think the world will end if we do ;))CheersShad

Guest ridgell

as a bit of a follow up.it did not surface in this topic disscusion, perhaps know to all but me, but while reviewing the panels sdk i came accross 'type' in the panel cfg section. i have never seen 'type' used in the default aircraft panel cfg. but upon experimentation discovered that you can name any window with any ident as type=MINIPANEL and it will toggle on and off with the "w" key. though listed in the forward views, it will not display unless called up as MINIPANEL. you can specify more then one type=MINIPANEL enabling layering in the same manner as a normal panel. in Bill's reply he referanced MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL which is the correct ident to use per the sdk. MINIPANEL is tolorated by FS9 as an Ident and when type is not specified seems to be read as 'type'. after playing around with it i believe the correct way to use it is as 'type'. i realize that in the default aircraft MINIPANEL is used as ident and while functional, seems to run contrary to the sdk, and limits the minipael to a single window. ( conflicting idents ) Doug, using 'type' puts all windows within reach of your dsd_window_status.gau EVEN A BLIND SQUIREL FINDS A NUT EVERY NOW AND THEN. and i guess if we want to loose some IQ points we dont have to buy a ticket to Amsterdam, just vist that big ice box to the north. thx for the observation hooser

Guest iholrf

lol, Actually its the other way around. There is a growing body of medical and scientific evidence that suggests THC is one of the few chemical compounds to actually stimulate new neural cell growth in the areas of the brain that are responsible for cognition, learning and memory, so pffft. :( :DSorry. I really should not have sabaotaged your thread, my bad :)CheersShad