Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudi_777

MD-90 EFD Panel Request

Guest saudi_777

Hi Guys,I'm requesting that someone with good panel development skills develop for me a freeware MD-90 EFD panel for FS2004. Of course, it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, it just has to be at the same standard of the latest great quality freeware panels that we can find in the Avsim File Library.To describe it to you as simply as possible, it's basically almost identical in layout and instrumentation to the 717 panel, except this SV MD-90 panel has a standard (but probably with some changes) MD-90 autopilot MCP, a tan color panel (unlike the 717's grey background), and probably some other minor differences in the glass screens, pedestal panel, overhead panel, warning lights and other parts of the panel. This pic should make it pretty clear for you:http://www.erau.edu/er/newsmedia/newsrelea.../cockpit-lg.jpgIMPORTANT NOTE: If you're going to reply to this thread with a "Why don't you try to develop this panel by yourself?" type of reply, then please don't reply to this thread. I currently have a lot of time constraints which keep me from spending a lot of time at my PC for developing stuff like panels, and because of this I also don't have much time to properly learn the ins & outs of MSFS panel design.If one of you guys accepts to develop this panel for me, then please either reply to this thread or send me a PM, and we can then discuss how this panel should be developed. Of course, thanks in advance to any one who accepts to develop this panel for me!! :DRegards,

Guest iholrf

I going to be as polite as I can:What incentive are you providing to entice somebody to do what you are asking. Do you even have any concept of what you are asking? (You must as you acknowledge its to much for you). Why would anybody want to help you?People are far more willing to help people who help themselves than they are people who ask something for nothing.Try to imagine how much hard work goes into learning to design and programme a panel. Then think about how much time goes into actually creating the panel... you know, painting (a very high level skill) coding the gauges (moderate to very high level skill) and debuging the innevitable oddity (very high level skill).Or did you perhaps think you were the only person with "time constraints"?"it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, it just has to be at the same standard of the latest great quality freeware panels".. gimme a break.ShadSorry for the rant folks, I shall not broach this topic again.

>Any takers????Sure, I'll be happy too, just as soon as I receive a certified check for six months worth of my time at $69 per billable hour. That should only come to about $66,240 or so, give or take a hundred...OTOH, you might just find that the 'freeware' MDxx panels aren't so bad after all...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest saudi_777

My my.... A guy makes a very polite request in these forums, and instead of getting a polite reply in return, I get two very un-useful, sarcastic replies based on FALSE ASSUMPTIONS.Both of you have quickly concluded that I actually want a panel which requires months of continuous work, which is NOT true based on what I actually want. You both have came up with FALSE ASSUMPTIONS without actually asking me any specific questions about my intentions.First off, let me qoute myself:"it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, it just has to be at the same standard of the latest great quality freeware panels that we can find in the Avsim File Library."I only requested the panel to be made in the SAME STANDARD as the majority of the freeware panels in the Avsim File Library, and by looking at them carefully, it doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure out that most of them are using mostly default and third party gauges which are readily available, and the same applies for the bitmaps, which means that most of those panels obviously shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to develop."we can then discuss how this panel should be developed."Both of you actually read the whole post without giving ANY attention to this sentence. By discussing with the developer, I meant that I actually have some data about the MD-90 EFD which is verfy useful for developing the panel, and I also meant that if the developer requested a fee for this panel, then I DON'T mind paying it if the developer specifies a fee which is fair enough.By saying this, I must say that it is my RIGHT to request a freeware product, and that I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with my post. But sadly, the Avsim forums have become a place where people just love to rant and complain about anything they see and instantly jump to FALSE ASSUMPTIONS without first asking the poster about his/her intentions, and the replies in this thread are a pretty fine case quite sadly. Keeping in mind that several freeware panels are uploaded weekly to the Avsim File Library, a guy asks a simple and polite request for a freeware panel, and he gets flamed in return as if he's actually commited a crime of some sorts. What a joke.Shad, your claim that you're attempting to be "polite" is LUDICROUS and RIDICULOUS when compared to your very rude reply, which is full of FALSE ASSUMPTIONS. You chose to simply jump to your FALSE CONCLUSIONS without asking me useful questions about my actual intentions. If any developer had the same time constraints as I do, then he doesn't need to accept my request, this request is ONLY meant for developers who don't have time constraints in the time being, which means that your comment about time constraints is pure BS. Your reply actually gives off the impression that you're as polite as a 4 year-old who's just lost his candy, to say the least. Go "broach" some other thread, not mine."Sorry for the rant folks" - OH REALLY???? You actually take your time in writing this self-contradictory "polite rant" of yours, then you simply say "Sorry folks"???? With this very rude and insulting post of yours, you should actually be apologizing to ME, Mr. Wiseguy."I going to be as polite as I can"....Gimme a break.

Bah! to all of you.Massive edit..... what I had to say was rude.. To the SPIRIT of this forum I apologize.. But this thread must end NOW!777,,, maybe start over and donot ( in any means ) be so anxious. It DOES take alot time and that not all here have time to "Throw aside". This is well informed forum..Maybe ask..... HOW may I make a MD 90 panel? Or,, How can I do this??Believe you me,,, ( Finnish, Polish etc...) There are individuals her e that would help out.... But NOT gove the full solution to the your request. You have to do the work, that's the best part :-)Haven't touched FS in 5 months..... I'm in FS theropy :-)A Pollack with no bratwurst,,, or FSRoman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest saudi_777

Tell that to Bill and Shad, I honestly don't know ##### is wrong with them....One more thing for Bill and Shad:"IMPORTANT NOTE: If you're going to reply to this thread with a "Why don't you try to develop this panel by yourself?" type of reply, then please don't reply to this thread."For reasons that are beyond me, the two of you obviously FAILED to properly understand that part of the note. Let me make myself clearer: If you DON'T have anything useful or constructive to add to this thread, then DON'T reply to this thread. ONLY reply if you have something useful or constructive to add.

Guest saudi_777

Roman, thanks for your advice. If I get some free time in the future, I may as well develop this panel by myself, but in the time being, my point about my time constraints still stands.For one thing, simply because of a couple of sarcastic replies, this thread does not need to stop. If any developer actually has the time to develop this panel for me, then I'll be more than glad to help with data and advice for creating this panel.Regards,

>For one thing, simply because of a couple of sarcastic>replies, this thread does not need to stop. If any developer>actually has the time to develop this panel for me, then I'll>be more than glad to help with data and advice for creating>this panel.I would suggest that you've effectively sabotoged any chance for achieving your goal with your arrogant and condescending attitude.This forum is a place for like-minded folks to help each other to learn about development and share ideas, concepts and tips. It is a "developer-to-developer" forum.It is not a "request for development" forum.Had you phrased your original post differently, and pitched the idea as "...would anyone like to collaborate with me to develop this panel? I have a lot of reference material available, but don't myself have enough time to learn everything needed for a complete project," I'd posit that you would have had a better chance of receiving a positive reply.Instead, you phrased your "request" in such a fashion as to appear to be wholly self-serving (...for me...). That is hardly the way to garner support.I've worked closely with Lonny Payne as he's been developing a multi-version MD80 panel, and know that he's already invested over six months in development of the project. Although this project will be "payware," his freeware Boeing panels (available in the File Library here) similarly took upwards of five to six months to develop.No, the "best of the freeware" do not use "default gauges," but instead most often use custom gauges that were designed as an integrated system.Oh yes, I was not being "sarcastic" with my original post. That is what I bill clients for professional FS development... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest iholrf

Wow,After reading your rebuttals I realize you must think we are incredibly naive or stupid (or both) ... Let me correct that assumption right now. My friend, if you have time to "play", you have time to build... Or am I wrong in assuming that when this panel was delivered, you would then install and fly it? I mean, what else would you want the panel for if not to fly? Its not like you were perhaps going to "release" the panel and take credit by including yourself as part of the "development team"... I am sure thats not what you were planning, right?Shad

Guest saudi_777

Alright, Bill and Shad, I do admit that my attitude really was needlessly aggressive and unfriendly, and I apologize to both of you for that. Between your replies and my replies, I'd say that this is all a big misunderstanding, and now I understand from re-reading your replies more carefully that you actually meant to advise me in this matter rather than put me down.While I do have a little bit of time every now & then to use FS, what I meant was that that's what my time is enough for, but I guess that if I coordinate my time more efficiently, I may actually be able to develop this panel on my own, with whatever quality I can come up with."Its not like you were perhaps going to "release" the panel and take credit by including yourself as part of the "development team"... I am sure thats not what you were planning, right?"No, Shad, I never was nor will I ever plan to release something without giving proper credit to the developers who participated in the creation of a panel or any FS add-on, and I'll never give credit to myself for doing something that I never did.And, for what it's worth, I do request that someone with good panel development skills create for me at least the main panel BMP of this MD-90 EFD panel, fitted with just a functional autopilot MCP panel and functional engine fire extinguishers (these gauges are readily available in MD-80 panels in the Avsim File Library). After that, I'll try to see how much further I can go with regards to developing this panel by myself.How about we settle this over a few beers?:-beerchug

Guest iholrf

Well, you will find I am the kind of person who does _not_ hold a grudge. :)Thank you for being reasonable and sorry for missunderstanding your intent.EDIT- Because this is now kinda buried, you might want to post again with the same request as your last line. A lot of people have BMPs they have yet to use. You might find somebody willing to part with something you can work with (it may not be perfect, but a lot can be done with it as a "prototype"). You should be able to install existing, addon gauges very quickly (in seconds) by simply adding one line per gauge to your panel config that contain the gauges' placement. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to help.Trust me on this: The fun is in the building, not using. :) I kid you not.CheersShad

Guest saudi_777

Thanks for your advice and your offer to help me with any questions that I might have, Shad! :) You're right, I will post another thread in which I'll explain my new request.Regards,

Guest iholrf

Anytime,One little side note, I flew around the world in a Beech 18 (in the sim I mean) while I was developing my last panel prototype (which 90% of the time for me is learning not building)... there are a lot of times when all you're doing is staring out the windscreen. Might as well put it to good use and stare at some XML instead. ;) Just remember to look out that windscreen once in a while, or you will do like I did and crash into a mountain you did not set your alt high enough to get over heheh. (Whooda thunk there'd be a 17,000 foot mountain over Papua, New Guinea)That way you kill two birds with one stone. You get to fly (your own panel) and make it at the same time.CheersShad