Sign in to follow this  
Team_P3DSpacePort

Clickable Doors / Hatches

Guest mhardy

Dear All,I'm just wondering (and think it's a good idea) if it is possible to include clickable doors etc. so that when I am in spot view I can move my mouse over a door / hatch, click on it and it will open / close.It would probably be the same concept as the virtual cockpit. Perhaps an additional 'invisible' paint layer could be added so this could be achieved.Is this at all possible???Mark Hardy...Novice!

Unfortunately, not as far as I know... and believe me, I've tried! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest iholrf

What about working gauges? Can they be put outside?CheersShad

Guest mhardy

Thanks Bill for your quick reply. I've just had one other thought...is it possible to include a 'gauge' where the hatch is and, using active camera, then jumping to that spot from the virtual cockpit, be able to open the hatch?FS would think that you are still in the cockpit with gauges taht are outside of the a/c so you would therefore be able to click on them?Just one last thought...Mark Hardy

>Thanks Bill for your quick reply. I've just had one other>thought...is it possible to include a 'gauge' where the hatch>is and, using active camera, then jumping to that spot from>the virtual cockpit, be able to open the hatch?>>FS would think that you are still in the cockpit with gauges>taht are outside of the a/c so you would therefore be able to>click on them?>>Just one last thought...You can display gauges anywhere you like. That's not an issue at all. It's just that the mouse points are disabled while in Spot View...I've added XML code in many models to allow the sim pilot to open doors, etc. from INSIDE the a/c in VC View.I've never been able to get the "mouse points" for gauges and .mdl XML to work while "outside the a/c" in AC...

Fr. Bill    

Guest FelixFFDS

>Thanks Bill for your quick reply. I've just had one other>thought...is it possible to include a 'gauge' where the hatch>is and, using active camera, then jumping to that spot from>the virtual cockpit, be able to open the hatch?>>>Mark HardyIf you're in virtual cockpit mode, you wouldn't need a gauge, per se, just the clickable XML part on the "outside" ??Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

>>Thanks Bill for your quick reply. I've just had one other>>thought...is it possible to include a 'gauge' where the>hatch>>is and, using active camera, then jumping to that spot from>>the virtual cockpit, be able to open the hatch?>>>>>Mark Hardy>>If you're in virtual cockpit mode, you wouldn't need a gauge,>per se, just the clickable XML part on the "outside" ??Of course. He was asking about having "clickable stuff" while in Spot View, or - using Active Camera - being "outside the VC."The problem is that once you've left the cozy confines of the aircraft's interior, the "mouseable zones" are dead... ;(

Fr. Bill    

Just adding my $0.02...I think this could be done if the whole outside model is duplicated and attached to the VC model. Therefore, you would have a carbon copy of the outside model attached to the VC. In that case, you could define some clickable, movable parts and use Active Camera to walk around the aircraft while still in VC mode and "click on stuff" :)Right? Or am I missing something?

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest FelixFFDS

What I think is the key - and someone who "knows" how Active Camera works - is that Active Camera may "pop" the user out of Virtual Cockpit mode, thereby rendering the clickable objects useless.Now, if one is still in VC mode but steps out, using the Shift/CTRL movement keys ?????

Guest iholrf

>What I think is the key - and someone who "knows" how Active>Camera works - is that Active Camera may "pop" the user out of>Virtual Cockpit mode, thereby rendering the clickable objects>useless.>>Now, if one is still in VC mode but steps out, using the>Shift/CTRL movement keys ?????Dang, you beat me to it.:)Shad