Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Water rudder

Hi,What do i have to change in the aircraft.cfg and/or air file to make the waterrudder command work?I use:(>K:TOGGLE_WATER_RUDDER)and(A:WATER LEFT RUDDER EXTENDED,bool) But no reaction.Plane:767-300Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest jlwoodward

Don't tell anyone I said this, because it's cheating, but find the contact points for the front of the floats and assign them steer angles, as if they were a nose wheel. Then you can add a rudder, animate it, and use shift-w to lower it, but no one will ever know what is really happening.

Well,In the 767 i don't really need floats.The only use is another event and variable for some functions.What happens when you assign floats in the aircraft.cfg; do you lose the nose gear etc.?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,Curious to know why would you need to use FS own's events and variables to simulate something that could be done with LVars?. Unless you want to manage the events with FS keys...Tom

Tom,Just poking around with unused events and var'sNo special needs.Unless floats on 767 ....Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Douglas K

>>>>What do i have to change in the aircraft.cfg and/or air file to make the waterrudder command work?<<<

Douglas,Thanks for this extensive expose!I will try that and see what happens,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest FelixFFDS

Doug is a tattletale.... :)FOr FSDS users, that's the basis for the infamous "Lavatory Dump Valve" .Basically, the water rudder is an available part that you can use as an 'extra' ... Say you want an sliding door, a little flag coming out on command ... no need to do fancy XML animations, etc., just the "LDV" (prosaically known as the water rudder.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Hi, Stupid maybe, but do i have to add those lines or just replace the original ones?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Douglas,Got it working now.Thanks!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"