Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Propeller Pitch with XML

Hi All,Is there a way to readout the current propeller pitch angle (for a turboprop) with a XML gauge? I've tried:%((A:Prop Beta, number))%!03.1f!but this text shows always 0.0. For programming correct working turboprop levers (power and condition) it's important to know the current pitch. Unfortunately I didn't find a way. Hope someone could help.Best RegardsMatthias

Hi Matthias,(A:GENERAL ENG1 PROPELLER LEVER POSITION, number)gives the leverposition for engine1.But I don't think there's a variable for the actual blade position itself (because that instantaneously follows the lever).Unlike e.g. gear, flaps, spoiler, etc....Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest Douglas K

I use "(A:Prop1 Beta, degree)". Engine and prop parameters use an index (1,2,3 etc) to determine which engine or prop is being read. "Prop1 Beta" will work for the left prop, "Prop2 Beta" for the right. %((A:Prop1 Beta, degree))%!5.2f!%((A:Prop2 Beta, degree))%!5.2f!Douglas

>I use "(A:Prop1 Beta, degree)". Engine and prop parameters>use an index (1,2,3 etc) to determine which engine or prop is>being read. "Prop1 Beta" will work for the left prop, "Prop2>Beta" for the right.>> %((A:Prop1 Beta, degree))%!5.2f!>> %((A:Prop2 Beta, degree))%!5.2f!>>Douglas Doug's solution does indeed work. I used this in a slightly different form for a test gauge when building up a panel: Engine 1 Prop Pitch (%((A:PROP1 BETA,degree))%!d! Degrees) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Douglas K

>>>>But I don't think there's a variable for the actual bladeposition itself (because that instantaneously follows thelever).<<<

Hi All,First of all, thank you very much for your help. Douglas, A:Prop1 Beta, degree works perfect. Unfortunately the result of getting the propeller pitch leads me into another massive (FDE) problem. Unfortunately I'm just a panel designer and no airfile designer, so I have a couple of problems here.What I want to do is to give the levers of the panel a realistic function. It's for the controlling of a Garrett TPE 331 engine (Jetstream 31 and Jetstream 41). I've downloaded now some turboprop aircraft with similar engine controlling, but unfortunately none of them seems to work correct. Here is a very small description of what I need (extract from the real manual):There are two levers in the cockpit. The first one is the power lever with it's positions Reverse, Ground Idle, Ground Start, Flight Idle and Max. It is connected to the propeller pitch control (PPC) and the manual fuel valve (MFV). The propeller blade angle is -13

Guest Douglas K

>>>>You see, a lot of problems :-( Maybe there's a good turboprop FDE expert here, who could help or who has an idea of how I could realize a real Garrett TP control.<<<

Hi Douglas,Thank you very much for your reply and the link. I'll try it at the Avhistory forum. Hope someone could help there.Best RegardsMatthias