Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch19542004

Fuel Systems

Guest mitch19542004

If this has been covered before, I am sorry. I did search without success.Does anyone have a discription of how the fuel management is suppose to work. From what I can tell, you can only designate the tank(s) an engine will feed from. Where as I want to beable to turn a tank on/off and route to a particular engine. This is an excerpt from the panel sdk."Opens cross feed valve (when used in conjunction with

Been working on it Mitch. Got really frustrating when the thing wasn't consuming the right quantities of fuel. Will try to get back to it, as there are a number of people looking for this...Doug

Guest mitch19542004

Hey Doug, how the hec you been. Not talked in a while.Mitch

Hi,Another way around without the need to use crossfeed etc.Only use the fuelselector events.Say a 4 eng plane, then in aircraft.cfg:number_of_tank_selectors=4Now you can decide for each engine from which tank fuel is drawn.Say all engines from left main:(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT)(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_LEFT)(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_3_LEFT)(>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_4_LEFT)etc.All kind of combinations are possible and believe me:You will get a noticeable unbalance.To really pump fuel from one tank to another seems impossible.Maybe in C++?And what is crossfeed?Just a switch in the fuellines manifold which connects left engines to right tanks vv.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest mitch19542004

Hey Jan,I understand what it will do, however if you try to command the engines to draw from the mains, with fuel in the aux, tip, external.... it will always draw those down first before drawing from the mains. I have got around that by not using mains at all.Lets say I want to designate engine 2 to draw from CENTER3 and RIGHT_AUX at the same time.I know what crossfeed is, the question was what is "isolate" value 18Thanks for the helpMitch

Mitch,The synthax is:18 (>FUEL_SELECTOR_234_SET)No idea what happens then.I will have a look and report.(btw. I only use left, right and center in my plane, so never have to bother about tip and aux.)Tested, but nothing happens; maybe to do with my fuelsystem logic.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"