Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

How to bring windows in front of others

Guest lalo lolo1

I am a very beginner with panels, although I do play around adding gauges, either manualy or with FS Panel studio.My question is very simple. I am adding a HUD to my PMDG 738, and although I have managed to put it in position, it gets covered by the main panel background. So, how can I make it appear in front of the main panel?Here is the windows line + a pic[Window03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=1024,768position=1visible=0ident=HGSrender_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=jg_hgsa!jg_hgs, 85,-28,848,948Thanks,Leo

The ident= entry in a panel.cfg is in fact numberic. Try a number between 10000 and 19999. Entries like "GPS_PANEL" and "RADIO_STACK_PANEL" are in fact labels which have been assigned numeric values by the panels system. Your entry "ident=HGS" will result in the window getting an ident value of zero, typically the same as the main window.Doug

Guest ridgell

well i wandered in cause i read everything doug posts, but i have some observations on this subject.if we are talking gauge hierarcy on in a single window, the last gauge on the list overlays gauges lower on the list. all bets off when it commes to 'c' gauges. some will bleed through anything you put on top of them.as for window hierarcy...it works the same way, lower ident numbers reside beneth higher ones. name idents being at the bottom.there is also a little used and less known parameter called 'type' you can read about in the panel.sdk.doc i stumbled on it trying to get a multi-layerd/widowed minipanel to work..it did. thEre are other 'type' designations, and perhaps like ident names you can make up your own to link windows together. i mention this because you might have to resort to a numnerical ident to fix youre hierarcy and if listing your hud in the VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS does not get you where you want, you might have to play around with the 'type' parameter. or hopefully this is TMI.BUBBA