Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilak91

Wing View in default panel !

Guest pilak91

:Hello: Hello ! I'm new (and french...). I try to make some wing views on the b737-400 panel of MS. Once FS9 started, all is ok exept that I don't see the Wings. Is the problem concern the fact that the aircraft is default aircraft of FS2004 ?

I am sorry your post was missed since you asked an important question. In order to see a wing view, in addition to what you have done, the wing must be modelled as part of the aircraft's virtual interior. In the case of the B737 it wasn't, although some default aircraft (the Cessnas, Mooney, Baron) have it modelled. There's no way to add the wing to the virtual interior without the source and the tool used to compile the source, whether it be GMAX or FSDS. I have often hoped that someone comes up with a tool similar to MDLC that would let a user select parts to be generated into an interior model. This would relieve authors the burden of adding wing views for the handful of users that want them, but allow them for those of us that do :)-John

>:Hello: Hello ! I'm new (and french...). I try to make some>wing views on the b737-400 panel of MS. Once FS9 started, all>is ok exept that I don't see the Wings. Is the problem concern>the fact that the aircraft is default aircraft of FS2004 ?If you're talking about adding "static pictures" for the various views, then you need to edit the panel.cfg file to let it know what picture to show, depending on which way you're looking.A search here in this forum will describe the needed entries, or you may download the Aircraft Container SDK from the MSFS support website for detailed instructions:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...rcraftcontainer

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest pilak91

Thanks for the both questions. I already install a "fixed view", that is a porthole. What I want is the wing of the plane (default b737) on which I would like to see the flaps and the winglets move.Would it be possible to combinate the fixed view with the external view position or something like that, to see the real wing move ?

>Thanks for the both questions. I already install a "fixed>view", that is a porthole. What I want is the wing of the>plane (default b737) on which I would like to see the flaps>and the winglets move.>Would it be possible to combinate the fixed view with the>external view position or something like that, to see the real>wing move ?No. As John already said, if the model doesn't HAVE the wings included, you cannot ADD them after the fact...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Would it be possible to combinate the fixed view with the external view position or something like that, to see the real wing move ?"NoAs I noted in my first reply, in order to see an external (outside of the cabin or cockpit) part, that part has to be modelled as an internal part during creation of the mdl file. That didn't happen with some of the default aircraft and also isn't the case with many add-on aircraft. There is no way to accomplish what you're trying to do.As a workaround, for the purpose of screenshots, some users have taken the spot view parameters and reduced the distances to somewhat "simulate" a dynamic (moving control surface) wing view, but it in my opinion produces poor results.-John

Guest pilak91

Really thanks for your help. I understand what you mean. :)